Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtyard Bar and Grill

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ritchie Mc wrote: »
    I've had coffee and scones there a good few times and no complaints, nice coffee and lovely scones, and good value too.

Had dinner with family there on Saturday night, came way full and must say the stake was the nicest I had in a long time. And it is a lovely setting on these dark evenings.

Highly recommended.
    You wouldn't that fella constantly on the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

domkk wrote: »
    Ritchie are you some sort of vampire? was the stake polished wood with a nice point. Or was the stake left over from Halloween? :):)

Once hes finished waiting on his table he will reply Hes busy right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

mousehouse wrote: »
    Ok so I was critical when the courtyard first opened and decided after reading all the good reviews of it on here I would give it a second shot. So today 2/11/2011 at 1.33 I went in for lunch, took a seat at a dirty table all the empty tables where as they were waiting to be cleaned. At 1.50 I asked for a menu as at least 3 staff members had passed me and not 1 even acknowledged me.
    I waited a further 5 minutes for the menu and when I was given the menu the girl couldn't tell me the specials, so after almost 24 minutes and still not served I decided to leave. I went elsewhere in the centre for soup and sandbow and can't help but wonder how this place can stay open or is it just me that has bad experiences in this place. I for one won't be back and from what I can see now from where I am sitting nor will many others. It is just gone 2 and they have 80% of the front seating empty yet they havea red barrier p and turning people away. If the staff can't cope get ones that can.

I think if they spent less time on boards and more on organisation of their café, things would be better.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Is the constant criticism about this place personal?
    Went there myself got a burger which was very nice. Chips looked like they would be nice but got a feeling they were from a frozen bag, seemed a bit off.
    Decor is funky. Music was very good.
    Service? When it came was pleasant but the waiting was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
    Asked for some mayo/vinegar and girl disappeared.
    Herself was really disappointed with the pasta she got.
    Paid the bill and it was €26 and I definitely felt i was not ripped off!
    Would go back again. Maybe got them on a bad day. You would definitely not want to be in a rush....and probably not too hungry!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

For me it is, I'm sick of first time posters coming on here and saying how great it is. I would ban them but it'd be a bit of a fruitless exercise.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

I'm actually tempted to sign up as a newby just to write something like "the chips were orgasmic and the service was top notch. James, our besuited waiter couldn't have been more helpful, especially when I forgot my new password for that dreadful boards thingy where people have the check to post unwanted feedback..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Is the constant criticism about this place personal?
    Went there myself got a burger which was very nice. Chips looked like they would be nice but got a feeling they were from a frozen bag, seemed a bit off.
    Decor is funky. Music was very good.
    Service? When it came was pleasant but the waiting was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
    Asked for some mayo/vinegar and girl disappeared.
    Herself was really disappointed with the pasta she got.
    Paid the bill and it was €26 and I definitely felt i was not ripped off!
    Would go back again. Maybe got them on a bad day. You would definitely not want to be in a rush....and probably not too hungry!!

€26 are you for real. I was in key Largo for an early bird. Two courses €10.

Femur, thought they were being sarcastic at €26!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

femur61 wrote: »
    €26 are you for real. I was in key Largo for an early bird. Two courses €10.

€26 (includes 2 cokes) for the two of us. That would be the same in Key Largo (€10 * 2 = €20 plus drinks is around €26)

great time for key largo. lovely spot.

femur are you one of those people that know the price of everything and the value of nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dun Doire

Myself and my wife went there on Sat at around 4.30pm. The place was pretty quiet. It was my first time there and her second.

I found the food to be reasonable price - you will diffidently get better value elsewhere. However I thought the food was top notch. We has 2 starters, 2 mains and 4 beers and it came to a little over 50. No real complaints - very relaxed place.

I think the location of the place and what it aims to be are a little confused but I know we will be back and very soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement