Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chap in the river by dignity

• 11-07-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

just had a look outside my apartment and sure 2 cops and anothr lad in the river holding onto some chap, ambulance, guards and 2 fire brigades here in minutes

IMG_0868.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

hope he's ok

Boards.ie....even better than WLR for Fast local news :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

How deep is the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

About 4 foot or so in that pic I'd guess. Deep enough. It can get fair high though, see the dirt on the wall for how high it regularly gets..

With the emergency services on site, hopefully all ends well anyway.

mecco wrote: »
    About 4 foot or so in that pic I'd guess. Deep enough. It can get fair high though, see the dirt on the wall for how high it regularly gets..

I was thinking that it looked like the tide is out. I suppose the main danger would be getting stuck in mud, and then the tide coming in?

Anyway, I'm sure TK Maxx has rescue equipment near the tills, so everything should work out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

IMG_0868.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/\ Charming! /\

You could have opened the window OP, get a crisper shot! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

mecco wrote: »

tis deep enough alright, up to the lads in the waters chests, lucky it wasnt high tide or heavy rains

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CasaBonita

Passed this guy a few minutes beforehand outside TK Maxx. He was eating some sort of fish out of a can and then proceeded to drink the juice out of it and got it all over himself. Smelt horrible and he looked worse for wear. Came back that way 10 minutes later and he was in the water.

Hope he is ok though and kudos to the quick response of the Gardai, Fire Brigade and Ambulance Service (and the guy with no shirt on who was in the water as well, probably a passer by).

CasaBonita wrote: »
    Passed this guy a few minutes beforehand outside TK Maxx. He was eating some sort of fish out of a can and then proceeded to drink the juice out of it and got it all over himself. Smelt horrible and he looked worse for wear. Came back that way 10 minutes later and he was in the water.

Hope he is ok though and kudos to the quick response of the Gardai, Fire Brigade and Ambulance Service (and the guy with no shirt on who was in the water as well, probably a passer by).

Tanned Spanish Guy!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Might have been worse, he could have jumped in for a rabbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Apparently he was drunk and was face down in the water when the passer by went in (was talking to the rescuer last night, sound man!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

looksee wrote: »
    Apparently he was drunk and was face down in the water when the passer by went in (was talking to the rescuer last night, sound man!)

Fair dues to the guy went in after him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Did the chap turn out ok?

Fair play to the guy who went in is right. I have to admit i trained to be a lifeguard in my teens and I doubt very much I'd go in if faced with the sane situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

ziedth wrote: »
    Did the chap turn out ok?

Fair play to the guy who went in is right. I have to admit i trained to be a lifeguard in my teens and I doubt very much I'd go in if faced with the sane situation.
    I would have classed that as a bit of an insane situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GambitsRevenge

looksee wrote: »

How do you know the guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

he's fine, he was put into the bed oppossite my dad in the hospital, stayed for one night and was moved to isolation. i don't know the man my sister was telling me she saw the commotion and when we went to visit my father he told me what had happened to him and we realised it was the same man but he is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Mr gambit did you enjoy rescuing him?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

snuggles09 wrote: »
    he's fine, he was put into the bed oppossite my dad in the hospital, stayed for one night and was moved to isolation. i don't know the man my sister was telling me she saw the commotion and when we went to visit my father he told me what had happened to him and we realised it was the same man but he is ok

Small world our what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Nolanger wrote: »
    Might have been worse, he could have jumped in for a rabbit.

That man is a hero, I would sooner jump in after a rabbit than some nut who will probably give you an earful for ruining his grand suicide attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Must say, great respect for the chap who jumped in after the rabbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 GambitsRevenge

Mr gambit did you enjoy rescuing him?!

Yeah. it was an "experience" i wouldnt wish on anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

seanybiker wrote: »
    Must say, great respect for the chap who jumped in after the rabbit.

I was waiting for my girlfriend outside Dandelion after the Flora Mini Marathon and he was there with little his rabbit and dog. I couldn't believe it when I read that little tracksuit wearing scummer had tossed the rabbit into the river.

Off topic I know, I'll stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How do you know the guy?

He's the guy with a kid called Billy.

Advertisement