Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duck ponds in Tullamore?

• 11-07-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Is there any?
    Have loads of stale bread and a 1yr old who is mad about ducks (among other things!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lough Boora Parklands, it's not too far from Tullamore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Have a 3 and 1 year old who love feeding ducks too...

I'd also go with Lough Boora, 15 min drive out. Or the other place I bring them is Emo gardens, both free in.

You pay at Belvedere, nice place, but the ducks and swans are not always about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Have been to the parklands in Boora alright but someone mentioned one in town, near the driving test centre? must take a drive down that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Have been to the parklands in Boora alright but someone mentioned one in town, near the driving test centre? must take a drive down that way.

kent, if you turn for the test centre from the main road, drive on down by it, and i think its, or used to be, flanagans offices. There is a pond there with a nice fountain. I hung doors in that building i think but its about 5yr ago. There was no ducks on it then though.
    One place you will get swarmed with swans is lough ennell. Head to mullingar and take the turn for ladestown. Right after the hump bridge is a left. Head down there, and there is a small area. Filled with swans. Must be about 30 of them and come right up to the car. Must throw up a few pics if i can find them. They wil literally come off the water to the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Was passing there today kent and drove in out of interest, nothing on the pond. But on up by it is wasteland, where i seen a woman walking her dog. Will bring me own dogs and daughter up that way for a walk someday and see is there one up there. Ya have me curious now lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No Duck pond near the test centre. Just a pond. No Pond in the wasteland either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Two years ago one summers evening I went for a drive with the children up the mountains, I just kept driving, not that there were too many signposts up there, basically I got lost. To make a long story short at one point we were in Clonaslee and followed the sign for Brittas Lake.

There was a carpark or rather a series of small carparks able to hold 3 or 4 cars surrounded by shrubs and trees. We walked up to a little jetty on the lake and on the far side we could see what looked like hundreds of ducks, they spotted us and began swimming across the lake quacking, it looked like they were used to visitors and those visitors having food for them.

Luckily there was bread in the car so we fed them, the children were really excited. In all we counted about thirty ducks. It's a nice place to spend an evening just looking at the ducks and grand for a picnic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrensweeney/4954252091/

Advertisement