Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a HTC/Android phone for new smartphone user?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I think I'm just about ready to take the plunge from brick Nokia phone to a smartphone. Deep breaths :P

I've never had a smartphone or touchscreen even, so it'll take me a while to get used to.

I'll prob go with 3's €40 plan (is it fleximate?), moving from Vodafone to them.

I do not want a phone that is too big (for me, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is way too big), so I'm looking at maybe the HTC Wildfire S or the Desire S. Size matters, it needs to be small enough to fit easily in to my pocket.

Apologies for the blonde question, but (1) does it take quite a while to get used to touchscreen? and (b) are there any other phones (with or without touchscreen) that I should consider? I want to be able to access the internet and to make/receive calls and texts - I'm unlikely to become an app addict anytime soon.

Help!

Advertisement