Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB in my area?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, I'm looking to change my broadband as I'm currently on a very crappy Perlico package that I signed up to a few years back. I noticed on the NGB coverage map that my area, Dunleer, Co.Louth, is due to be upgraded between July and September. Basically I want to know how accurate this is.

I know I can preorder a new broadband package from eircom and it will be upgraded when the line is, which would be cool if we're only talking a few months, but if its going to be a long time I'd rather know that and look into the best DSL packages instead.

So can you tell me is the estimated times on the coverage map accurate? Or more specifically do you know if any work is being done in the immediate future on the coverage in the Dunleer area?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

teatoast wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to change my broadband as I'm currently on a very crappy Perlico package that I signed up to a few years back. I noticed on the NGB coverage map that my area, Dunleer, Co.Louth, is due to be upgraded between July and September. Basically I want to know how accurate this is.

I know I can preorder a new broadband package from eircom and it will be upgraded when the line is, which would be cool if we're only talking a few months, but if its going to be a long time I'd rather know that and look into the best DSL packages instead.

So can you tell me is the estimated times on the coverage map accurate? Or more specifically do you know if any work is being done in the immediate future on the coverage in the Dunleer area?

Thanks

Hi teatoas,

Can you PM your address and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

teatoast wrote: »

Thanks

Hi teatoast.

Eircom hope to have the Dunleer exchange in louth enabled for NGB by the end of september. I checked your line in terms of possible speed, and given the distance your address is from the exchange. The best speed we can offer even on NGB is "up to 2MB".

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Any idea when the monasterevin exchange is due for upgrade to ngb?

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Any idea when the monasterevin exchange is due for upgrade to ngb?

Hi

I am afraid there is no indication / time-frame available as yet as to when the Monasterevin exchange in Kildare will be NGB enabled.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement