Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Union Help

Options
  • 11-07-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just wondering how it works etc?

I recently bought stuff off a person on gumtree and they wanted me to pay by Western Union, just wondering would there be anything i could do if i sent money on that and didnt recieve anything, could i claim etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

student89 wrote: »
    Just wondering how it works etc?

I recently bought stuff off a person on gumtree and they wanted me to pay by Western Union, just wondering would there be anything i could do if i sent money on that and didnt recieve anything, could i claim etc.

Thanks

I would be very cautious dealing with someone via Western Union. Where did they claim to be from? It's a case of Buyer beware so I don't think you could make any claim, unless someone else has an answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

student89 wrote: »
    No there is no comeback if you pay by western union, its a red flag for a possible scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭student89

Ok thanks for the post's, paypal it is

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

DONT EVEN THINK OF PAYING WESTERN UNION.

You have no comeback whatsoever and the person can disappear without trace.

It is the scammers favourite payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Western union is like sending cash in the post. No come back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement