Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters new date in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Moster

Spear wrote: »
    You went through the prefix list and still thought Helpdesk was the place for this? Moved to Gigs and Events anyway.
    ha sound man...new this ould thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If you need a FF fix, they're about to play a live show on itunes. Jimmy Eat World just finished their support slot (at about 8:30) so expect the Foos on around 9:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The only reason they didnt come back id was because there was no where to play since the point was closed.

I beg to differ, they could have easily played Marlay Park again.

Sure Metallica played Marlay three times and never played the 02.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I beg to differ, they could have easily played Marlay Park again.

Sure Metallica played Marlay three times and never played the 02.

Marley park would have to be in the summer though. They'd never have a gig there outside of May-September.

As for Metallica, they didn't play the 02 because the new layout wouldn't accommodate the in the round thing they were doing in the arenas on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Dave said in an interview when these festival gigs were being announced that they are doing the tour backwards, ie festival shows first, then coming back for the arena tour in the winter/spring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Marley park would have to be in the summer though. They'd never have a gig there outside of May-September.

As for Metallica, they didn't play the 02 because the new layout wouldn't accommodate the in the round thing they were doing in the arenas on this tour.

Yea thats what i meant because after they did a few festivals around the Marley park date they then came back for an arena tour for the new album. They did come back for the stadium shows the following summer so maybe we could have had an irish date but skipped us

So is anyone listening to the gig on itunes then? It's good but there's a few second delay so all Dave's bad language is bleeped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The Foo Fighters' set list was: Everlong, Monkey Wrench, Breakout, My Hero, Times Like These, Up In Arms, Learn to Fly, The One, Stacked Actors, DOA, Generator, The is a Call, Best of You, Encore: The Pretender, Keep the Car Running, Enough Space, All My Life
    I lost interest in Foo Fighters a good while back tbh, and in particular In Your Honor did nothing for me, but sweet jesus that is a damn good setlist. All albums accounted for, I'd say it was a brilliant gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So is anyone listening to the gig on itunes then? It's good but there's a few second delay so all Dave's bad language is bleeped out.

It was a very good show. Good to see Dave telling the guy fighting to get the **** out of his show. There should be no place for any kind of scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

That iTunes show was immense. The poor censor didn't know when to beep Grohl!
    Loved the rocking out on the bar and the dedication to Wurzel with Lemmy

• Advertisement

The censor was pointless. He missed so many swear words.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It was a very good show. Good to see Dave telling the guy fighting to get the **** out of his show. There should be no place for any kind of scum.

Let Josh Homme loose on them, he'll soon sort out any scum

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The censor was pointless. He missed so many swear words.

And what was the point of putting up warnings on the screen if they were going to bleep out the words? People were warned, if you're offended by swear words, don't listen. it's ruined my recording of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

And what was the point of putting up warnings on the screen if they were going to bleep out the words? People were warned, if you're offended by swear words, don't listen. it's ruined my recording of the gig.

Just going on here to say the exact same thing, pointless!

The show is now available to watch for free on itunes in all of its unedited glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 murno

Dave Grohl seemed pretty adamant that they were coming back soon so I would say Jan/Feb! His exact words were "I'm sorry it took us so long to come back, but I already know when were coming back again and it's not too long from now".

Hopefully soon,
    Anyone who says they wouldn't go to Oxegen to see them actually missed the most incredible gig ever, front row, spectacular. Muse are meant to be the best band live but they blew them outta the water. Best live band I've ever seen

Well tbh they were always gonna come back . Since they have yet to do a european arena tour and as someone said they are pretty much booked up till December so yea Jan/Feb will prob. Or if they skipped us and just did Slane next year instead :D

Or if they skipped us and just did Slane next year instead :D

That would be terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

Hopefully tickets arent as hard to come by as some more recent concerts. Turning up at ticketmaster half an hour before tickets are due to go on sale and being told its already sold out has happened to me a couple times in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

iangobl wrote: »
    Hopefully tickets arent as hard to come by as some more recent concerts. Turning up at ticketmaster half an hour before tickets are due to go on sale and being told its already sold out has happened to me a couple times in the last year.

buy them online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iangobl

buy them online.
    Have tried before for big concerts and a lot of websites crash with the traffic to the site. Regardless of where I have to go I AM going to this concert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Maybe they will play Electric Picnic next year.

Arcade Fire were an Oxegen headliner last year and returned now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doubt it. FF aren't an EP act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Imo Foos are now too big to play EP, it would do nothing for them. (And as stated above they aren't an EP style act.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

marlay park would be my guess?

thats actually quite a good venue, its got a decent place for parking, it is easily accessable off the motorway, and ive never had problems with it.

doubt they do slane next year, rumours are its stone roses?

either way, i'd say we should find out more about a gig in jan/feb time regarding ticket prices, but i would say this will be an outdoor gig

No date yet but here is the new video . I can see big gigs being announced from Feb onwards and hopefully it includes a outdoor show with these lads

Taylor said "We will be back soon" in the UK so maybe news soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I had such high hopes when I saw this thread bumped.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Efestivals has them down as TBC for Reading and Leeds . . . .

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    I had such high hopes when I saw this thread bumped.:pac:
    Ha yea i knew people would think that sorry (and i would have aswell)
    Efestivals has them down as TBC for Reading and Leeds . . . .

Yea they have been rumoure for R&L since last year and id say its right . Since they wont do a London(area) show since they did Milton Keynes last year and id say they will go with R&L then VFestival again .

And if this the line up its one hell of a line up imo , hopefully we would get a similar show here . SLANE!!!!!!!!!! ha although Black Keys would'nt be on the bill since they are doing the 02

reading_lineup_2012_js_300x300_180212.jpg

Advertisement