Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters new date in Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

reading_lineup_2012_js_300x300_180212.jpg

If that lineup is true, Slipknot supporting Green Day is...bizarre. Not to say they should be above them, just didn't think they'd be up for being second on the bill unless it was someone like Metallica above them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That line up has me sold just for Green Day and Foos if its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If that lineup is true, Slipknot supporting Green Day is...bizarre. Not to say they should be above them, just didn't think they'd be up for being second on the bill unless it was someone like Metallica above them.

It's not a support slot. They've played below Stereophonics and The Offspring at this festival before so it's not unheard for them to play alongside non-metal bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

And if this the line up its one hell of a line up imo , hopefully we would get a similar show here . SLANE!!!!!!!!!! ha although Black Keys would'nt be on the bill since they are doing the 02

That lineup was made by people on the efestivals boards so it's not real but I wouldn't be surprised if they got a lot of it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

honru wrote: »
    It's not a support slot. They've played below Stereophonics and The Offspring at this festival before so it's not unheard for them to play alongside non-metal bands.

They were both fairly early on in their career, they're easily headliner status now imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They were both fairly early on in their career, they're easily headliner status now imo.

Maybe for a stand alone metal festival, but a mixed one like Reading? Nah, Special Guests would be about right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

swear to good god if thats not real, ill hurt somebody!!!!

but1er wrote: »
    swear to good god if thats not real, ill hurt somebody!!!!

It's probably not real, Soooooo many fake posters popping up now.

The only time you can be sure of a line up is when you read it on the official site.

There was a fake poster doing the rounds last week of Green Day headlining Sonisphere, a few days later when the official announcement was made, guess what, No Green Day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

scudzilla wrote: »
    There was a fake poster doing the rounds last week of Green Day headlining Sonisphere, a few days later when the official announcement was made, guess what, No Green Day

That looked like a fake from the get go tbh, Green Day were never really tipped for Sonisphere. Reading seems more likely as they're playing Summer Sonic the weekend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Corey Taylor has confirmed on his Twitter that Slipknot wont be playing R&L :( I heard this on a Green Day forum mind.. I'll ask the person who said for a link now sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Quite easy to tell this is photoshopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,272 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why would Sliknot be on before Green Day ?? or even on the same day as You and me at six and Rancid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Why would Sliknot be on before Green Day ?? or even on the same day as You and me at six and Rancid

For the lulz...appeal to the kids!

They kinda owe Reading/Leeds a performance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Mushy wrote: »
    For the lulz...appeal to the kids!

They kinda owe Reading/Leeds a performance too.
    Corey taylor confirmed they arent playing Reading/Leeds this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭*shadow*

Think I'll cry if they don't play here this summer. Really hope it's somewhere like Marley park though. The 02 is a **** venue - seen Greenday there and it was awful but seen them in Marley park a few months later and it was the best gig I've ever been at - such a great atmosphere and it's really easy to get to as well. Anyhow, who wants to see them in the 02 and have to be seated? I couldn't possibly stay in my seat :)

*shadow* wrote: »
    Think I'll cry if they don't play here this summer. Really hope it's somewhere like Marley park though. The 02 is a **** venue - seen Greenday there and it was awful but seen them in Marley park a few months later and it was the best gig I've ever been at - such a great atmosphere and it's really easy to get to as well. Anyhow, who wants to see them in the 02 and have to be seated? I couldn't possibly stay in my seat :)

That's your opinion, i been to most of the large Arena's in the UK and our O2 pisses over most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'd rather see them in the Phoenix Park, at least if they a massive outdoor show there will be a big support act.

Usually when large bands play the O2 they have an unknown support so seeing them at a field/park would be better value in that sense.

I really doubt they will play the O2 though, Dave said at Oxegen they would be playing a bigger gig when they returned, it has to be somewhere like PP/Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Yeah id normally prefer indoor gigs but a lot of the time the support is not that great for them so hopefully if they do play this summer there are a few decent bands on show, at least then ill be able to make a day of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

*shadow* wrote: »

Green Day - 2 words :P

I agree with scudzilla, I really like the 02 myself. Wouldn't say no to the Foos playing there at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Confirmed for Reading/Leeds (Aug 24-26) so they'll probably pop over here around then as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I've never seen them live and would love to go to at least one gig in the Park. So far none of them have been that appealing to me :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea hopefully they will start to announce more dates around UK and Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,340 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eagles of death Metal support please

Wonder would they do what GNR did at Reading 2010 play the festival but do indoor shows over here etc?

Foo Fighters have been confirmed for Pukkelpop and Lowlands in August . Bloc Party have also been confirmed for Lowlands maybe Foo's+ Bloc Party in Marley or PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Miss_Theresa

Well they announced they are playing Tennents Vital Festival which is on the 21st of August! So, hopefully they play while in the country! :)

If they are gonna do a date down south , they will wait till MCD are happy with the sales of T-Vital before announcing

Advertisement