If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YSP2200 - Just arrived

Options
  • 11-07-2011 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

We have just received a fresh delivery of the award winning Yamaha YSP2200 sound bars....and boardies can avail of £50 off the normal price ! Normal price £799.95, limited offer for boardies £749.95.

picture.php?albumid=1416&pictureid=10074

I will be completely honest and say that with a price tag of £799 we were skeptical about how these would perform for a similar price as an Onkyo TXNR609 and a Boston XS5.1 pack. The guys here were very impressed and trust me, that is not an easy thing to do as these guys love their separates.

The sound is detailed, involving, has great depth (thanks to the subwoofer) and manages to produce a very good surround sound from a speaker that is less than 10cm tall. It is designed that it will fit below most TV's on the same shelf so it doesn't have to take up any more space.

For a full review from What Hifi click here : http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-YSP-2200/

O.K. - so it's not really brilliant for CD's but as a discreet, surround sound product that is stylish, easily setup with very few cables and produces a great sound, this is one certainly worth looking at.

We only got a few of these in and we though we'd give boardies first dibbs before we start selling them through the shop and online.

This is a limited offer Boards members only. Delivery of £12.95 will get it anywhere in Ireland.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Great concept. Can't imagine how it would work but judging by that review it's a fantastic piece of equipment! Would love to hear it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

hmmm, very interesting unit!
    will it be possible to see it in real life - for example in Dublins Philips Shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Andersat.

Unfortunately we can't get it on demo in the Philips Shop.

We do have it on demo in the Belfast shop and we do offer the 7 day return policy so if you don't like it, we can take it back for a full refund.

It really is a product that is best trialled at home as the acoustics of the room can have a bearing on the performance, so if you fancy trying it, give us a bell and we can organise to get one down and if you want to return it we can offer a full refund.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 14 curach

Hi Dave,

Many of these left?

I know they sound good, but any comments on if they are better than say a Bose 2.1 system?

Thanks,
    Brendan.

Hi Curach.

We do indeed have stock of the Yamaha.

I have not heard the Bose system as it is not something that we stock, sorry:(

Let me know if you would like one of the Yamaha's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

What is the euro price including delivery on this?

Hi Wingnut32,

The price inc delivery would be €897.57.

Let me know if you need any more info or would like to order.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

thats about €97 too much at a long stretch, anything you can do for me Dave?

PM sent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.