Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up landline

• 11-07-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope this is the right place, i'm moving out to a new house soon and ive been trying to set up broadband but it used to be a holiday home and had no previous land-line, I've rang eircom and they've said it will 3 or 4 months before they can connect a landline, but im not willing to wait, ive tried vodafone but the house will need a landline to set up but like i said eircom will be 3 or 4 months, any way i can connect the landline without having to wait for eircom?! the box and line is installed, just needs to be reconnected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only eircom can install a line, there is no way around that.

If the line is physically installed in the house, with a line running outside too, then all it needs is the be connected at the exchange. This can be done almost immediately, and needs no one to do anything at the house. Are you sure that everything is connected? If you connect a phone, do you get a dial tone?

If there is no physical connection to the house, then you are on eircom's time and schedule, and you can do nothing about that.

Advertisement