Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My nana's 80th

Options
  • 11-07-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

I'm organising a party for my nana's 80th birthday this October, and I've found out that the room I was planning to book in a hotel in town (Dublin) is not available! With relatives flying in from all over the world, I suddenly find myself at a loss as to where to have this bloody thing.

I just got an email from O'Callaghan's hotel in town, but they're offering is more banquet-y, whereas I was thinking of a room like a pub with a bar that's not a pub because my nana's 80, and it would be inappropriate. By 'like a pub' I mean where everyone can mill around and chat to each other without it being a formal event.

Does anyone know of such places? My mind's gone blank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You could try the Gingerman pub, they have an upstairs that you can hire out so it would be just your crowd, nice relaxed and easy to mingle in, I believe you can pick your own music, they do very good food in there too, I'm sure they'd put on party platters or whatever you wanted.

You might have to go to some pubs in the suburbs otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

We have been at The Dropping Well a few times for christenings or oldies birthday parties. We had our own room reserved with small bar upstairs.It might suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

these sound great! I'll get on it :) Thanks :)

Advertisement