Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good News Story....Best Customer Service

Options
  • 11-07-2011 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

In days when things can be very negative in rip off Ireland I'd like to pay compliment to a business that went the extra mile, Gary's Pet World in Letterkenny. I bought an electric dog fence and an extra collar (costing E140) there about 3 weeks ago. I only got round to fitting the fence this weekend and discovered that I had been sold a cat instead of a dog collar. Unfortunately I had cut open the sealed plastic packaging before I realised the error and had also lost my receipt, so I had no evidence of purchase. So having explained my difficulty to the assistant he went to management to plead my case. The result..... in the spirit of goodwill the item was exchanged with no fuss. I would like to say "Thank You" to the assistant and the management for excellent customer service. It was greatly appreciated and are now assured of my continued custom and recommendation. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Good to hear. However, pet shops selling shock collars are not exactly high on the 'promote animal welfare' list IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

That's a good news story and a good thread to start, very easy for people to complain about bad service (especially online instead of face to face) so nice to see someone come online an praise people who have given good service, above and beyond what we have a right to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Always very helpful in Garys Pet World, as long as you don't mind the odd parrot sitting on your head while you queueing to pay (i never mind, i always lift it over myself:D)

Pique wrote: »
    Good to hear. However, pet shops selling shock collars are not exactly high on the 'promote animal welfare' list IMO.

Sorry to go off topic. But a shock collar is a training device (cruel and should be outlawed), an electric fence and collar if installed correctly and the dog trained in its use (1-2 months) is in no way cruel and will benefit the dog more than if kept tied up or only allowed a "run".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Must have been Keith you were chatting to, lovely guy!

As for the rest of the shop.. well i could tell stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

Senna wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic. But a shock collar is a training device (cruel and should be outlawed), an electric fence and collar if installed correctly and the dog trained in its use (1-2 months) is in no way cruel and will benefit the dog more than if kept tied up or only allowed a "run".

Thanks for that Senna....the fence and collars have worked perfectly...within 2 days both dogs had got the message and will not cross the boundary lines (which gives a warning beep first) for any reason including other dogs or cats. This now means they have 1/2 acre site to run free. They are not let them loose unless I am there as there is always the potential for other loose dogs to attack them or to be stolen. But IMO the electric fence still remains a kinder option than being knocked down by passing traffic or locked up .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

bellarose wrote: »
    Thanks for that Senna....the fence and collars have worked perfectly...within 2 days both dogs had got the message and will not cross the boundary lines (which gives a warning beep first) for any reason including other dogs or cats. This now means they have 1/2 acre site to run free. They are not let them loose unless I am there as there is always the potential for other loose dogs to attack them or to be stolen. But IMO the electric fence still remains a kinder option than being knocked down by passing traffic or locked up .:D

2 days is very quick, they would get a lot of shocks in that short a time period, with correct training a dog should get 1 shock and in some cases (like my second dog) no shocks what-so-ever. Although it maybe working, i would recommend training them for at least another month before you allow them out on their own. Have a look on the petsafe website for training instructions. Many dogs end up with behavioural/mental problems because they are introduced to a fence that quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have allowed you lot to roam to the point of where I will need to crack a whip shortly if you dont stay in your pens :(

Just a reminder that the topic is "Good News Story....Best Customer Service"

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Jules Salon Supplies in Letterkenny. In there today, they didn't have what I wanted but the assistant was really friendly and looked through cataloges to find the item and order it for me. I will definitely go back...

Advertisement