Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free consumer electronics products. Give-away by Creative Labs Ireland

• 11-07-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

www.facebook.com/CreativeLabsIreland

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"To mark the launch of this Creative's facebook page we are giving away some of our latest products (speakers, cameras etc) to our fans for free. Lucky winners will be drawn at random on the 26th of August from a list of people who like this page. Check this space for details and tell friends."

As Borat would say - I like :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

248467_214771121896310_199643183409104_640876_7809983_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

peckerhead wrote: »

I'd take either of them 2, both if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do they come with the products?

Oh you.. hee hee hee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

Not even free electronics could make me sign up for facebook !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

omerin wrote: »
    Not even free electronics could make me sign up for facebook !

Haha, I was momentarily tempted and then thought better of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

'All prizes mst be collected in person at dublin office'.... Phuk that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Yes Please!! I dont mind sharing,ill take the one on the left and ill lets boards have the other one out of the kindness of my heart:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got to be into to win it I guess, I can handle the spam until after the draw :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

martyboy48 wrote: »

Its in Blanch- its handy enough to be honest......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

cool free useless products with crap drivers and crap customer care ... well at least i will not have wasted 300+ on crap ...

• Advertisement

davoxx wrote: »
    cool free useless products with crap drivers and crap customer care ... well at least i will not have wasted 300+ on crap ...

Comeon- surely you've had some useful products from them down the years?
    I fell in love with an Audigy Platinum and a nice set of speakers that I got as remanufactured/OEM products from them. Still have them 6-7 years later, on my old XP box.....

smccarrick wrote: »
    Comeon- surely you've had some useful products from them down the years?
    Agreed!

I, for one, praise the Creative DDTS-100 - their now discontinued decoder which I picked up for about €80. Has connection for 3 optical inputs, 1 coaxial, 3 analogue stereo, 2 headphones and 7.1 analogue input/output.

creative-DDTS_100.jpg

They sell for a fortune on EBay (10 bids and over 2 days left - priced at €216 including postage! :eek:)

If and when it ever "gives up the ghost" (4 years still going on), I'll be absolutely gutted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

I suspended my Facebook recently but for this I will chance the few weeks spam and can always suspend again.

i has four audigy plats, which were not fully pci complaint and would disable themselves on reboot, requiring to be returned ... spent ages trying to track the issue down, spoke to many motherboard manufactures.

Eventually found out that the issue was the sound card responding to .5v and resetting itself to be a base chip.

So i had and still have 4 plats sitting on my self looking lovely with their front connector bay, in mint condition.

added to that, lets not forget creatives insistence with their own connections for connection their speakers to their soundcards.

the last creative product that i truly enjoyed was the blaster32 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_AWE32
    i had four - and they were awesome!!!

other than that crap drivers, no linux support, bad hardware.
    they seemed to be riding on fata1ty for a while.
    now i use on board sound, or asus soundcards.

I've purchased over 6grand of creative gear, 5grand of which i feel i wasted.

but if they've improved their drivers and products and customer service, fairplay for them ... for me i'd have to get their products free before i even considered using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Basq wrote: »
    Agreed!

I, for one, praise the Creative DDTS-100 - their now discontinued decoder which I picked up for about €80. Has connection for 3 optical inputs, 1 coaxial, 3 analogue stereo, 2 headphones and 7.1 analogue input/output.

creative-DDTS_100.jpg

They sell for a fortune on EBay (10 bids and over 2 days left - priced at €216 including postage! :eek:)

If and when it ever "gives up the ghost" (4 years still going on), I'll be absolutely gutted!

I have one of them hooked up to my old 7.1 T7900. It's an amazing piece of technology.

Looking at those prices, wonder how much I could get for one without the remote.

Basq wrote: »
    Agreed!

creative-DDTS_100.jpg

was 80 the going rate when released? i remember then being closer to 200 quid when they came out?
    what is so good about this? it still uses the creative 3x3 pin to 4x2 pin connection.

davoxx wrote: »
    was 80 the going rate when released? i remember then being closer to 200 quid when they came out?
    what is so good about this? it still uses the creative 3x3 pin to 4x2 pin connection.
    The RRP was closer to £100 according to this site anyways.

It was released in 2004 to be honest.. but even the range of connections available at that price!
    Dermo wrote: »
    Looking at those prices, wonder how much I could get for one without the remote.
    I still have the remote, but never use it (god bless Harmony One.. which switches to the correct input depending on what I'm doing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Do you come with the car?

Ooh you he he he he he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

smk89 wrote: »
    Do you come with the car?

Ooh you he he he he he!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73243171&postcount=4

too slow :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

martyboy48 wrote: »

I suppose they'll want you to pose for a photo for promotional purposes too.

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »
    I suppose they'll want you to pose for a photo for promotional purposes too.

Fine by me- I've worked with half of them in the past in other companies, if they want my ugly mug, be my guest.....

Advertisement