Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor won't allow me to upgrade to a higher plan? Are they nuts?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently I noticed Meteor are doing the iPhone offer on bill pay for 45 a month.

Being 13 months into my 18 month contract I though the extra few bob would be worth it for the iphone and the plan.

So off I went and contacted customer support, asked if I could upgrade to the higher plan and get the iPhone. I was told no?

I am basically offering them more money because I want to switch to a higher price plan but all they can say is no?

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I really need help! I would just love to stop my contract but I'm not going to pay the stupid fee to do so.

Thanks guys,

- Lee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

So you are asking them to write off the last 5 months of your existing contract and you can't see why they won't allow this? Come on! Surely you can see where they're coming from!

Is it possible for you to downgrade to a lower tariff, so you can minimise the cost of buying out the rest of the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

jordainius wrote: »
    So you are asking them to write off the last 5 months of your existing contract and you can't see why they won't allow this? Come on! Surely you can see where they're coming from!

Noo, I am asking them to switch me to a 24 month contract starting from now which is worth two times the amount I am paying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lee3155 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Recently I noticed Meteor are doing the iPhone offer on bill pay for 45 a month.

Being 13 months into my 18 month contract I though the extra few bob would be worth it for the iphone and the plan.

So off I went and contacted customer support, asked if I could upgrade to the higher plan and get the iPhone. I was told no?

I am basically offering them more money because I want to switch to a higher price plan but all they can say is no?

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I really need help! I would just love to stop my contract but I'm not going to pay the stupid fee to do so.

Thanks guys,

- Lee

I am sure that when you tell them that you want to pay more but don't want the iPhone that goes with it that they will happily oblige..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's going to be a brand new iPhone out in a matter of months, what's the point in getting one now and putting yourself into a 2 year contract?

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

did you get your current phone with the contract? what type of phone is it?
    your contract subsidises the price of the phone. If you cut your contract short to move to a new one, they lose money, as the contract hasnt paid the value of the phone back to them yet. they could take the phone back off you, but its not worth the same any more, as its now used and second hand.
    you're not just looking for a higher contract, you're also looking for a break in your current one, and a new free handset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

If I was you I'd be grateful they're not letting you. A new iPhone will be released in like 2 months, by then your contract will be nearly up and you'll be able to get the brand spanking new iPhone 4S/5. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you're complaining that they're not giving you something you're not entitled to in order to tie you into a longer contract on a soon to be outdated phone?

k..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

lee3155 wrote: »
    Noo, I am asking them to switch me to a 24 month contract starting from now which is worth two times the amount I am paying now.

...but in order to do that, write-off the remainder of your existing contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

24 month contract is madness!!!

Advertisement