Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Leinster Loop with Stephen Roche

• 11-07-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Lads and ladies - the 2nd Leinster Loop with the legendary Stephen Roche takes place on 21st August 2011 from Narraghmore in south County Kildare, close to the M9. This is a charity sportif, sponsored by Cuisine de France, with all funds going to National Breast Cancer Research Institute and our local St Laurence's Community Centre. 4 great routes, 120 km, 80 km, 45 km and a family fun 12 km - Stephen will ride on each route. Well marshalled roads, brooms wagons and medical support, with hot food and showers at the end. Last year's event got some great reviews on Boards, full details and on-line entry on www.leinsterloop.com. All on-line entries will be entered in a draw for 1 week's accommodation and flight transfers for 4 in beautiful Vilamoura on the Algarve, compliments of www.hometohome.com.pt, a perfect end-of-year biking or beach holiday in the sun! Please spread the word and we look forward to seeing you all on 21st August!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Have signed up and can confirm it was brilliantly organised last year apart from the work of the weather committee who have hopefully been sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Even the weather didn't spoil this event for me last year.
    Really well organised, quite a lot of climbing, but a great dayout.
    I even got to cycle with S.R. for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Really looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dmcmonagle

Thinking about signing up too.. But relatively new to cycling after many many years break... The shifts were on the frame last time!

Do about 2 x 30k during the weeks and maybe a 50-60k each weekend.. Largely around the phoenix park during the week and then a run from Rathmines up to enniskerry, and down through bray etc on a sat..

Anyone reccommend if the 45k or 80k is best?

Go for the longest possible for maximum sense of achievement. Don't worry if you're exhausted at the end. Everyone is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dmcmonagle

ashleey wrote: »
    Go for the longest possible for maximum sense of achievement. Don't worry if you're exhausted at the end. Everyone is!

Great outlook.. First group ride too but as a solo cyclist and solo 5k runner wannabe the group mentality is such a massive boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

This event got a great mention on Eurosport this afternoon during coverage of the tour, Roche was asked about up coming events and he spent about a minute giving all the details of route, charity, sponsors etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Trying to choose between this and the Sean kelly on the following weekend. Any opinions on which is better. Looking at the 80 - 90 k rides.

Do both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

see u at SKT Ashleey

• Advertisement

ashleey wrote: »
    Do both?

you must not be married. Or you are a man who I admire greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

alex = whipped!! LOL

alex = whipped!! LOL

24 years married and 31 years with the Mrs, so yes I am completely and utterly whipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MBolgia

I signed up for this straight after hearing Stephens plug on Eurosport. Looks great and will be a nice block of training for the Sean Kelly Tour exactly a week later. See you all on the road.

michael196 wrote: »
    see u at SKT Ashleey

I am married to a very understanding woman at the moment but that level of understanding changes at very short notice!

I am being disingenuous though as I can't make the SKT as I have to be in England to play in a memorial football match. In my defence I'll be doing the Tour Kilkenny on Saturday and am even going to practice (or collapse) on Woodstock hill this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

hopefuly dry conditions this time around Ashleey, and no diesel on the road .

a classic slap off the ground u got the last time .......

It will be lovely weather and a great event like last year. I'm trying to convince my eldest daughter to do the short ride. I've even managed to convince my wife to wait around with the other kids as we are on our way to Donegal that day. This plan could easily backfire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Done the "50 odd ;)" last year and really enjoyed it. Upping the ante to the 80k this year. I took a trip from Trim to Slane and back via Kentstown the other night and felt good after it, so the 80 should be a nice challenge.

Advertisement