Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Through Amazon

• 11-07-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hi,

A relation of mine is considering selling some beauty products online, and has asked me to perform some investigation.
    This is far from my area of expertise so I thought I'd ask those more in the know regarding her best options.
    She currently has a small website online for her beauty salon, and is considering 3 options:
    • sell products from existing website
    • create a new website for them
    • sell via a third party site such as Amazon

The existing site is quite neat but caters mainly for local/provincial customers.
    If she was to go this route then we would need to look into SEO for these new products, which she is hoping to sell here and abroad.

The Amazon route is something I know little of. I'm aware you can sell products through Amazon provided they get a cut of any sales. Is it primarily sales that determines rankings through Amazon? If so, this doesn't seem like the best approach then as she is only starting out

What would people's recommendations be for the best route? She doesn't plan on spending thousands but would be willing to invest up to a thousand at least on getting this done right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Any one got any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

I know a bit about selling Amazon products,pm me if you want more info.

Advertisement