Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to IPhone4/Galaxy S2??? can i sync from apple to samsung?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I hope I am in the correct forum...

I got a call from Vodafone today offering me a free upgrade to an iphone4.
    Here in lies my problem.
    I explained that I was waiting on the Iphone5 to come out. The guy reckons that it wont be out until at least next summer. That is 12 Months away and I dont know if I can wait that long, plus, im not sure if the iphone5 will be much different to what I was looking at today.
    The Samsung Galaxy S2 took my eye, 16G storage, and seems pretty on par with io4?
    I was strongly thinking of moving over to an Android type phone. i hate being locked into apple and not having my own ringtones etc, plus i use google and it's apps quite a bit.
    So... if I decide to take the plunge will I lose everything on my iphone? I dont want to lose my contacts, apps etc...
    Or should I just stick to Apple seen as i have all the chargers, the software and the apps and contacts set up for apple on my phone.

Please any advice about any of this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Well first off - that guy is only a salesperson. Don't believe a word they say (I never do). There will be a new iPhone out this year. (around September time) Nobody really knows what it's definitely going to feature though as Apple like to keep that under lock-and-key.

The Galaxy S2 is a great phone, probably the best phone out there at the moment. Blazing fast with a really nice and bright screen. You'll be able to keep your contacts if you sync them to google (if they aren't already). It's always handy to have your contacts synced up incase you ever lose your phone or anything anyways.
    There are apps to sync up your iTunes library up to Android so that shouldn't be a problem. The only thing you won't have is your apps as they both run different OS' as you know already. Apple like to keep you inside their eco-system whereas Samsung don't even have a real eco-system. ;)

I'd say get the Galaxy S2, you won't regret it! :)

Advertisement