Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What a RELIEF !No More Radio

• 11-07-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Recently my iPod broke forcing me to tune in to the RUBBISH being broadcast on the FM waveband in Co. Wexford.
    I tried to start a popular revolt against the BAI who grant radio licences. They seem intent on force feeding TRIPE to the Nation.
    It is curious how the proud Irish nation are satisfied with such a load of b---ox. I thought you liked good music here. I was wrong.
    Now I have got myself a new iPod and will not be tuning into FM radio until there is some semblance of a radio service that caters for music lovers. I can't see that happening anytime soon.
    Maybe one day you will see how bad radio is in Ireland. Until then I won't be listening THANK GOD !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Hope you'll still be listening to Zenith!

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

AFAIK your radio shouldn't be stuck on BAI only stations, and I'm sure you weren't forced into listening to anything.

You should be able to receive the national stations also in Wexford.

One thing I'm curious about though....

Is pop not a valid form of good music?

Or rock, alternative rock, classical, Irish/trad or maybe even classic hits/gold?

What about dance music or country music?

Can any of the above genres be included in your "good music" category?

Is somebody who listens to any of the above not considered a "music lover"?

The reason I ask is because I just did a scan of the entire FM band and found all of the above offerings right here in Ireland.

Maybe it's a case of music snobbery.

Load up Kurt Elling, Weather Report & Miles Davis on your iPod and stick it on repeat. Should keep you going until your next complaint letter or public demonstration. Failing that we might let Ofcom take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

how will you know when its safe to tune in again. I mean, what do you class as good music so if we hear it, we can tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Wow..thats a pretty heavy OP.........btw whats an iPod..??.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Jonny Harris

Hi
    I will still be listening to zenithclassicrock.com
    "Is pop not a valid form of good music? "yes, not the same 8 or 9 songs recycled all day

"Or rock, alternative rock, classical, Irish/trad or maybe even classic hits/gold?"Yes where is it on FM?

What about dance music or country music?Yes but not all day thanks?

Can any of the above genres be included in your "good music" category?Yes

And Fran If you tune in to zenithclassicrock.com that music is acceptable mostly. They get ten weekends a year to broadcast on FM from the BAI so we get an idea of how good things can be . After that its back to kid pop and twaddle everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cool story bro.

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

. They get ten weekends a year to broadcast on FM from the BAI so we get an idea of how good things can be . .

A bit like The Rock.........and then we get is Nova............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yobgod

yup
    jonny back with more news on the crap music stations in ireland

just bought this on ebay ( Wireless USB Audio Transmitter for PC or Laptop ) 20 euro ,,works great so i can listen to zenith alll over the house and outside in the garden

anyway fm radio is dead to me in ireland

sheep fm .......palying ..gaga.. beaver ..j ..whoever
    its time to tell radio stations to get there tongue out of the record companys hole

http://www.zenithclassicrock.com/#!

or any radio station without ..news..adds..talk,,drivvel...is good for music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So you don't like radio and you come on the radio forum to let us know?

Thanks but no thanks.

THREAD CLOSED as it's a waste of space and was just set up to moan. Oh, and it's just basically turning into an ad for Zenith... which we'll pass on, cheers! (the free ad I mean, not the station)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement