Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Hire Purchase dead?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

I want to source a television on Hire purchase

(there are 5 of us here in the house all renting and it seems the best option)

Yet I can't find a single store online at least which offers this service, I also can't find a tv rental company.

Do these services still exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There must be plenty bricks and mortar shops providing credit facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There used to be Heaveys in Liffey St where you could rent a tv. Dont know if they're still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

would you not be better off all chipping in €50 and buying one from Argos or something, you'd pick up a half decent one no bother.

Obviously it may be cheaper to rent but I'm not sure of prices!

Harvey Norman do it I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those options are very expensive in the long run. Your best bet would be for each person to chip in X amount and purchase the TV outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

32" Sony for €399

32" Phillips with stand €469

And thats in the first place I looked, surely more cost effective to chip in together and buy one, prices have plummeted over the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did online stores do HP at any stage?

It would never have occurred to me to go to an online retailer if I was looking for a loan off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

We were renting an apartment in the city centre a few years ago, rented a TV for a year from a place on Talbot St (think it's gone now).

Looking back on it, it was insane - you'd easily be better off buying the TV outright. You'll pick up a CRT TV for under 100 euro on adverts, there's a few LCDs there for around 200.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You might even pick up a CRT for free if you look around, I got rid of one recently myself

Advertisement