Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threats from Agent - Appropriate legal action?

• 11-07-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am wondering when is it appropriate to seek a solicitor or how you know if you have a case?

Two weeks I applied for a short term personal loan from a registered loan company. The day the agent was to call he never arrived, I rearranged times and he turned up at the second appointment in which I received the money. 200 Euro.

We had arranged to start the repayments on the next Thursday, learning early that day I would not be home I sent a text to the agent asking for any bank details so I could lodge the money, if not I would see him on Tues.

He never forwarded any bank details and on Tuesday he failed to turn up so I carried on expecting to see him on Thursday. Wednesday night/Thurs morning at 00.09 he sent a text that I was to be home at 2pm as he would collect payment then. He didn't turn up and I went into town at 2.45 to do some food shopping. I was in town so popped off to the internet cafe to send the company a mail, explaining that the agent and myself kept missing one another and could I have bank deposit details as I was very hesitant to start repayments.

When I got home I realised I had a text from him at 3.40 saying I had to make contact with him. Seeing as I just sent the mail to the office and he kept missing appointments I didn't really pay much attention to it. I then went to visit my sister.

Later that evening I got a missed call from him after which I realised I had two new messages from him. The first just before 7 telling me to open the door as he was there and the other just past 8 telling me how I was being a “prick”, that he knew I was a Prozzy (Although I don't practice, I'm from a church of Ireland background), the message continued to insult my family with remarks (calling them British cu*ts and Orange-atans, Prozzys) and ended with me having to pay him or he would break my legs.

I responded that the text was insulting, unprofessional and seeing as he had threatened me, I had already contacted the company directly I would not be speaking to him in the future.

He replied that he would contact me if he wished and that sooner or later I had to face him. I replied again repeating that I was still willing to pay the company but unwilling to have any future contact with him. This was the last message I sent.

His messages kept coming however, as did his phone calls. In his texts he kept saying I lied when he asked me was I a “prozzy”, (he never asked as if anything I would be bewildered what my religious background had to do with a loan application) he then threatened to bring IRA members to my home, that he knew all my family and he would get people to sort my problem. Later becoming questions of calling me a coward and asking was I afraid of him, as sooner or later I would have to face him.

It got so bad I went to the police, who brushed me off saying I should ignore him and just wait until the company contacted me.

He continued to ring and text until 00.36 that night, after six answered phone calls in which I told him to stop contacting me and that I was not willing to see him.

He texted that he would be at mine at 12.30 the next day, then he changed it to 9.30. Neither of these times he showed.

I contacted the company this morning and was told they felt I was avoiding the repayment (of 20 Euro) and that they will be out on Thursday to collect the payments. When I asked what they were willing to do about there employees and representatives behaviour they asked in reply what I was willing to do. I replied I intended to seek legal advice and after that our conversation ended.

I'm a bit stunned and still upset about it all. This cant be legal can it?! I know I have received a small loan from them but I cant see how I should be threatened and treated in such a way. I live alone since Martine died and to be honest far too old for all this.

Yesterday I was very upset and to be honest feel like I should sue him if possible, as threathening me like that is scary, he lives in my locality and knows where I live. My religious background has nothing to do with my loan and I do not feel I was treated in any way appropriate when I have in fact being trying to do the right thing. I feel like such a fool for getting the loan but the money was to help my daughter through a very rough patch. What he has done is very wrong and

While I know people cant give advice, any suggestions are very much welcomed. Thank you all x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement