Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shampoo for enhancing auburn hair

• 11-07-2011 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried any shampoos that enhance auburn colour hair (not dyed)???

I tried boots one a while ago (although cheap as chips), and found it just left hair greasy.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I know Yves Roches used to do a colour depositing shampoo with redish tints which was really nice. Im not sure if they still do but its worth a shot. The best Iv found anyway. I would stay away from the Tony and Guy ones, they have left my hair really limp and static after just one wash and each time I use them its the same result! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've used John Freida "Brilliant Brunette" shampoo before (AFAIK they do a 'red' one too) but found it left my hair a bit TOO soft if that makes sense. Not greasy, just very soft. I have oily hair anyway so maybe that was something to do with it. I'd say it might be nice if you have dry hair though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Why not buy a hair tint (like the little sachet in Boots) and add to your favourite shampoo? Homemade hair-depositing shampoo that suits your hair type :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've used John Freida "Brilliant Brunette" shampoo before (AFAIK they do a 'red' one too) but found it left my hair a bit TOO soft if that makes sense. Not greasy, just very soft.

No what do you mean by TOO soft?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the timotei henna one is fab its in an orange bottle leaves your hair lovely and shiny and really picks up auburn shades or red highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

jenizzle wrote: »
    Why not buy a hair tint (like the little sachet in Boots) and add to your favourite shampoo? Homemade hair-depositing shampoo that suits your hair type :D

Thanks for the suggestions guys!! Some very good ones. Am intrigued by the suggestion above!!!

Yes - think soft hair mean it made it too fine/silky to a point where it feels nearly greasy - I get this with shampoos from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

dellas1979 wrote: »

Yes - think soft hair mean it made it too fine/silky to a point where it feels nearly greasy - I get this with shampoos from time to time.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant. So soft that it was unmanageable, couln't do anything with it.

jenizzle wrote: »

I cant find these in boots - what are they called??

Well I wasnt sure what to do, so I just did my own thing - I bought a travel size bottle to mix. Bought Shampoo (Pantene), bought hair colour (Auburn) and mixed 3:1 of dye and shampoo, and the results are brilliant! Lovely shiny colour, but nothing crazy away from my own colour - really enhances it, and greys are gone. Plus the conditioning treatment after has left it with a mirror like shine. Looks like this is the way forward for me ladies!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I cant find these in boots - what are they called??

Sorry, I only saw this now! Cannae remember what they are called, but they are usually lurking down on the bottom shelves under the hair colour.

Looks like you got sorted anyway :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement