Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tory Island Boat

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to get a boat from Bunbeg to Tory Island and back. I've checked the website and I cant find any pricing so that leads me to believe that its quite expensive. Also does anyone know if bicycles are allowed on board the boat.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I'm not sure but you can ask them yourself on the Tory Fast Ferry Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

its really early in the morning that it goes from Bunbeg, and its a very long journey. It'd be Tor Mor you'd be looking for not the fast ferry for that. It goes back at 6ish i think.

If you can drive for a bit it goes from magherorty (or however its spelt) it runs at 11ish each day and the fast ferry goes from there too. you can bring bikes on too or you can rent them there, i'll get both boat numbers tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Sorry, never noticed this...

http://www.toryferry.com/Timetable.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

yeah they'd take bike on the bigger boat,....went over at easter and 2 bikes as well as a quad were on board

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭WeightierDisc

Ya can usually get on for free with some local lads if they're headin out anyway, just hand them a fiver <snip>

Mod note: Come on now have some sense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Got over recently from magheraroarty pier for €20 return, leaves magheraroarty at 11.30am, 1.30pm, 5.00pm & 7.00pm and returns from tory at 9.30am, 10.30am, 4.00pm & 6.00pm. There was bags of coal, food deliveries, bags and dogs coming over so I can't see why they wouldn't allow bikes, no harm ringing them to check with them just to be sure. If you want the number I can pm it to you, not sure if I'm allowed post it. The fast ferry was advertsied as €15 midweek return, much smaller boat so not sure if they'd allow bikes, think they are more restricted with times.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

have been on both ferries and they both allow bikes, i was over with 4 bikes 4 kayaks climbing equipment and loads of gear at no extra charge

Advertisement