Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are they ???

• 11-07-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Can anybody shed some light on where all the intelligent single females are on a Friday/Saturday night in Waterford, one's that don't list the Kings of Leon ,SnowPatrol and The Killers automatically as their favourite bands when asked or not and ones that have never seen a twilight film or watched more than two episodes of sex in the city and ones that have never read a Marian Keyes book or any of its genre oh and doesn't dress like all her friends who look like they all are bridesmaids at a gypsy wedding ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

orwellian wrote: »
    Can anybody shed some light on where all the intelligent single females are on a Friday/Saturday night in Waterford, one's that don't list the Kings of Leon ,SnowPatrol and The Killers automatically as their favourite bands when asked or not
    Crystal
    and ones that have never seen a twilight film or watched more than two episodes of sex in the city and ones that have never read a Marian Keyes book or any of its genre oh and doesn't dress like all her friends who look like they all are bridesmaids at a gypsy wedding ????
    Now yer just being picky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

All at home hiding from you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orwellian

a twilght fan me thinks ;)

Maybe they're avoiding you because they all like punctuation and structure.

Maybe they're avoiding you because they all like punctuation and structure.

None of those are required in person , you know real interaction .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Can anybody shed some light on where all the intelligent single females are on a Friday/Saturday night in Waterford, one's that don't list the Kings of Leon ,SnowPatrol and The Killers automatically as their favourite bands when asked or not and ones that have never seen a twilight film or watched more than two episodes of sex in the city and ones that have never read a Marian Keyes book or any of its genre oh and doesn't dress like all her friends who look like they all are bridesmaids at a gypsy wedding ????

It must be like an interview when you first meet them to find out if they meet ALL those criteria? :pac:

Do ya hand 'em a form to fill out, or do you just have a list you cross off and you're going along?

mecco wrote: »
    It must be like an interview when you first meet them to find out if they meet ALL those criteria? :pac:

Only takes one question because if you are gonna drown no point torturing yourself in shallow water ,,

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Only takes one question because if you are gonna drown no point torturing yourself in shallow water ,,

Straight to the crux of the matter, no introduction.. "Do ya like twilight?" I'd say the looks you'd get when you ask that in a pub would be only priceless!

Straight to the crux of the matter, no introduction.. "Do ya like twilight?" I'd say the looks you'd get when you ask that in a pub would be only priceless!

i never said what question or its context or at which point it's introduced now did i , anyway no one has answered the question yet but rather pick at it which begs the next question whats so unreasonable about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There might be something to that. The only thing myself and Mrs Ziedth agree on in film is that Twilight sucks balls. It might jest be all you need to know about someone.

ziedth wrote: »
    There might be something to that. The only thing myself and Mrs Ziedth agree on in film is that Twilight sucks balls. It might jest be all you need to know about someone.
    Careful, he'll be after Mrs Ziedth.

Careful, he'll be after Mrs Ziedth.

i did say "single" ..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

You are perhaps looking in the wrong place firstly. Secondly one who reads a Marian Keyes book may also read Dickens (or whatever your preference in books is!) think about what it is you like and search there. If it's books, try the library book club. If its films, try coming along to boards films etc. I always find that anything I attend, be it book clubs or life drawing- there is always a distinct lack of males leading me to ask where are they? All out in the pub on a saturday night?

You are perhaps looking in the wrong place firstly. Secondly one who reads a Marian Keyes book may also read Dickens (or whatever your preference in books is!) think about what it is you like and search there. If it's books, try the library book club. If its films, try coming along to boards films etc. I always find that anything I attend, be it book clubs or life drawing- there is always a distinct lack of males leading me to ask where are they? All out in the pub on a saturday night?

A thoughtful answer :D I like all of those and other stuff including the pud on an occasional saturday night , clubs tend to be niche ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

All the classy birds go to escape boy

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

They're only niche in that they arr about what they are bout i.e books or films etc. In the book club I was in we each put a book in a hat and pulled one each month and there wasn't a Marian Keyes amongst them. I read all kinds. Films wise we just see what's on on a week that suits everyone each month and it's great because a film you would probably have turned your nose up at or just not bothered to see is what you now have to go see. Then the chat after is a bit about the film and then whatever takes peoples fancy. Basically there are ways to meet people, including women. I wouldn't consider myself a brain dead woman and I would die in the morning if I were single as I don't drink and therefore don't go out every sat and I like you still have this mad idea it's the only way to meet people! Oh and on another point- don't judge girls for liking twilight or whatever it is you hate just as they shouldn't judge you for loving soccer or whatever. We are a bit more intricate. Also have you tried internet dating? At least that way you would get to correspond(hmm old fashioned word) with someone and perhaps get a proper feel for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ones that have never seen a twilight film or watched more than two episodes of sex in the city and ones that have never read a Marian Keyes book or any of its genre

I know plenty of intelligent girls who read Kathy Kelly and so on for a bit of escapism. But I'm intelligent enough myself to like people who are both intelligent and open minded enough to to give an author a go, and not just be trapped by stereotypes.

But then I'm the kind of guy who can attract open minded intelligent women who want me but don't need me. If you only go to the pub on a Saturday night you're going to find women who like to go to the pub on a Saturday night.

I'd much prefer a rounded intelligent girl, than a narrow minded girl that thinks she's above popular culture and spends all day reading 'The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism'.

Also, intelligent girls tend to dig good punctuation and structure. You ain't James Joyce boy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

A thoughtful answer :D

Watch it you; she's taken. :D
    At least that way you would get to correspond(hmm old fashioned word) with someone and perhaps get a proper feel for them?

You can't get a proper feel over the internet! :p Sorry, I couldn't resist.

dayshah wrote: »
    Also, intelligent girls tend to dig good punctuation and structure. You ain't James Joyce boy!!!

Yeah it really is a bit rich of someone to choose Orwellian (no capital in this for a start but neither do you or I dayshah so we'll let that slide) as a username and use literature as a criterion, yet neglect punctuation and structure so much!

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah it really is a bit rich of someone to choose Orwellian (no capital in this for a start but neither do you or I dayshah so we'll let that slide) as a username and use literature as a criterion, yet neglect punctuation and structure so much!
    Ah, yeah but my lower case is a reflection of my laid back attitude to life. Let the ladies watch what they'll watch (it's usually me anyhow).

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ShaneIRL

Most of the responses in this thread are very tyical of the Waterford city forum, pick at the OP instead of giving meaningful answers. Did your mothers not tell "if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all". Best of luck OP.

ShaneIRL wrote: »
    Most of the responses in this thread are very tyical of the Waterford city forum, pick at the OP instead of giving meaningful answers. Did your mothers not tell "if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all". Best of luck OP.

But the OP said something not nice first :(

ShaneIRL wrote: »

A guy comes on with his first post being a backhanded insult to a lot of people, these are the resonses he gets. Someone comes on with a genuine need of assistance, they get it in spades. I reject your proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

To respond to the op question...they are probably at home with a toy that goes bzzzzzzzzzzz so they don't have to talk to the idiots in the pubs on Saturday night....toys r us!

Ah critics/punctuation police who when they have no original thoughts of their own fall back on trite , have none of you heard of Jack Kerouac or "On the Road" did it or he need "proper" punctuation or Cormac McCarthy , Shakespeare etc .

If was as anal i'd go back through all your posts to look for grammatical errors etc but why would anybody care ..

A guy comes on with his first post being a backhanded insult to a lot of people, these are the resonses he gets. Someone comes on with a genuine need of assistance, they get it in spades. I reject your proposition.

I didn't insult anyone , i merely asked where are the females who don't like a few things are on a night , wheres the insult ? i think the reactions say more than the question ( which of course was embellish for effect) .

Also, intelligent girls tend to dig good punctuation and structure. You ain't James Joyce boy!!![/QUOTE]

Never claimed to be anything but you're no Oscar Wilde !!! so that's what they "dig" is it ? i find the more intelligent some one is the less they care about anal detail and the more they care about content , but i bow to your knowledge on these good punctuation and structure loving women you know ...

Ah critics/punctuation police who when they have no original thoughts of their own fall back on trite , have none of you heard of Jack Kerouac or "On the Road" did it or he need "proper" punctuation or Cormac McCarthy , Shakespeare etc .

If was as anal i'd go back through all your posts to look for grammatical errors etc but why would anybody care ..

And just how much poontang did these lads rake in?

And you're right, I ain't no Oscar Wilde. I'm waaaaaaaaaay out of his league.

Maybe the intelligent girls are intelligent enough to tell you they like Twilight so you'll go away? Usually when someone thinks that there is something wrong with local lassies, its not the local lassies that there is something wrong with.

Of course I don't really judge people by their punctuation. But then I don't judge them for liking The Killers either.

• Advertisement

Yno you could try actually talking to these people rather than judging them by the film or music tastes?

I've got plenty of friends who think Twilight is great and they fully understand I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

Advertisement