Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Newbridge

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

If you have kids and like s pool, the gables is good. But equally, it is not great if you want to avoid kids

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Newbridge sports center across from the tech school.
    Found the staff to be really friendly and knowledgable about gym equipment and diet. Good amount of treadmills and weights and cheap for the price. think it was something like €32 euro a month dd.
    Bad things were no swimming pool but they do have a sauna steam room.
    Sometimes a bit of a wait for cross trainers and rowing machine.

Personally foung jackie skellys/energie unhygenic in regards to the swimming pool area and never any staff around. Also found them pushy when trying to sign you up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Veles wrote: »
    Which one would you recommend and why?

I was in Jackie Skelly's (now Energie) - left because basically I thought it was a dump. Filthy and never a member of staff to be seen upstairs. Also kids (not teenagers! KIDS!!) were allowed to use the machines.............. unbelievable. Have no idea what its like now since Energie took over.

Anyway, left there and joined the Newbridge Sports Centre on the Station Road. Love it. Classes are brill and the staff are v. friendly. I've never had to wait on a machine or weights etc but I suppose that all depends on what time of the day you're using it.

I know a couple of people who joined the Gables. They did say it's a bit small but they joined to use the pool more so than the gym. Another couple I know are in the Keadeen. Very happy with the set up - price is a bit of an issue up there though. Although if you're looking for a gym with a pool, it's a definite contender.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fudge74 wrote: »
    I was in Jackie Skelly's (now Energie) - left because basically I thought it was a dump. Filthy and never a member of staff to be seen upstairs. Also kids (not teenagers! KIDS!!) were allowed to use the machines.............. unbelievable. Have no idea what its like now since Energie took over.
    HTH

Exact same reason we left it. A dump full of Newbridge's finest !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I joined Energie about 2 months ago and the young lad does the swimming classes there.
    Have to say i have found it great and havent had any of the complaints that i heard when it was Jackie Skelleys.

I have friends in the sports centre gym and they find that great and a sister in law in the Keadeen who says other than being small its a super place.

Each to their own i guess,you get good and bad experiences everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement