Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tender Watch for Roads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

folks IMPORTANT NEWS!

All old eTenders links to tenders now appear to be broken as the tendering website has moved across to a new website
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bugger. Well spotted :(

The Gweebarra scheme on the N56 has a name

N56 Boyoughter to Kilkenny Road Scheme

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=53080&B=&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders ( new etender link format)

I thought they were taking out the bad bend at Maas too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I thought they were taking out the bad bend at Maas too.

Its in the EIS (definitively in it as I remember them mentioning needing to CPO the long closed Maas Inn) - all the way to Cannons S/S at Glenties from memory. Must be cutting the scheme in to even more parcels. I'll compare the EIS to the length on that tender later.

It is possible they'd already done the geotech for the Glenties-Maas section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This useless new etenders site has no document acrchive at all save where award notices are submitted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Wednesday 11th April 2012 - 2
    2) Tender: Naul Road Upgrade (Fingal County Council).

I know this is from a few months ago now but does anyone know where I could get the plans/drawings for this upgrade.

I can only come across this, which has references to the documents

http://www.mytenders.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=APR328755

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Seems to be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

spacetweek wrote: »
    Seems to be here.

Cheers, It is indeed there alright.

Was looking for the plans/drawings. Work is ongoing at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

antoobrien wrote: »

Thanks Anto...but it seems I must tender to build the road in order to see the drawings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

the NRA are beginning to tackle one of the worst stretches of National Road in the country.

10/09/2012
    Invitation to Tender : N16 Cornacloy to Sradrine Realignment Scheme - Phase 1 (1.1km)

I drove it a few weeks back and was shocked at how bad it is for a national road. The worst part is extremely windy and there's about 8km of road there thats less windy but still is pure hateful driving.

Map of the stretch likely to be eliminated after all phases are completed - phase 1 is the westernmost 1.1km

Drove this part of the N16 today and it's brutal however I notice a lot of work is going on 10k outside of Blacklion. Is that the above road? About time the N16 got some improvements, very poor national road but yet quite busy.

EDIT: I don't see anything on the NRA site either.... Found an article about the road here http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=23169

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its been underway for a while, noticed it a while back and was going to post but managed to forget entirely...

still going to be a woeful road, the improvement schemes its had are rarely more than 1km in length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

MYOB wrote: »
    still going to be a woeful road, the improvement schemes its had are rarely more than 1km in length.

Woeful and down right dangerous spring to mind when I drive that section of the road. Been doing it quite a lot recently and dread meeting a tractor because for large sections it's impossible to overtake without putting your life at risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cllr. eugene cassidy

Just to let you know that the feasability study is complete and that we are progressing to a part 8 which is the planning stage. The feasability study shows that it will cost 2 million to construct but will generate 5.9 million per annum in the local economy...it is a no brainer really !!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Just to let you know that the feasability study is complete and that we are progressing to a part 8 which is the planning stage. The feasability study shows that it will cost 2 million to construct but will generate 5.9 million per annum in the local economy...it is a no brainer really !!!!!!

Which scheme are you referring to, it's unclear? :confused:

I refer to the dis-used rail line between Navan and Kingscourt, It is now called the Boyne Valley to Lakelands Greenway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Might be helpful to link to the feasability study Eugene. If those figures are true then that's an amazing cost:benefit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I refer to the dis-used rail line between Navan and Kingscourt, It is now called the Boyne Valley to Lakelands Greenway.

How does this relate to tenders for roads? Methinks your in the wrong forum/thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Are they going to re-open the line as a greenway or as a new railway??

Everything falling in to place it will open as a greenway with an agreement between Meath/Cavan CC and CIE that will give CIE the option to return it to a rail line if ever they intend to. No funding is available for this amazing amenity but I am very confident that it will.It will be a fantastic amenity not only for Meath/Cavan but Dublin and the surrounding counties

It will be going up on the Meath CC website very soon. Make sure you look at the business case for this greenway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

It will be going up on the Meath CC website very soon. Make sure you look at the business case for this greenway.

Please post a link here when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iprimrose

The feasibility report for the Boyne Valley to Lakelands County Greenway is now available to view in three parts on the Meath County Council website at:

Part 1: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53398,en.pdf
    Part 2: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53399,en.pdf
    Part 3: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53400,en.pdf

Frequent project updates will be available on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BoyneValleyToLakesCountyGreenway) and on Twitter (@bvtolcgreenway)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Limerick74

I see Cork County Council have recently advertised on etenders for Consultants to progress the N28 scheme through the EIA and planning process. Closing date for prequalification is the 6th September.

Limerick74 wrote: »
    I see Cork County Council have recently advertised on etenders for Consultants to progress the N28 scheme through the EIA and planning process. Closing date for prequalification is the 6th September.

Isn't it suspended?
    What is the situation these days with suspended schemes? Can they still be progressed through the planning system?

This scheme does not appear to be suspended any more as the consultant's brief is to publish the EIS and go for planning.

Isn't it suspended?
    What is the situation these days with suspended schemes? Can they still be progressed through the planning system?

The suspended list turned out to be a fiction, some of the schemes on it are under construction with others having gone to CPO and site clearance.

I see that Limerick County Council has advertised on etenders for consultants on the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme.

Limerick74 wrote: »
    I see that Limerick County Council has advertised on etenders for consultants on the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme.
    What's in scope for that?

What's in scope for that?

From eTenders:

Short description
    Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme - Engineering Consultancy Services
    Detailed description
    Limerick County Council requires multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy services in relation to the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme. The scheme objective is to provide a high quality road to connect the Port of Foynes with the M7/N18 at Limerick. The existing N69 National Secondary Road connects Foynes to Limerick along approximately 32km of single carriageway. The commission is to advance the development of the proposed road to completion of Phase 1 (Feasibility), Phase 2 (Route Selection), Phase 3 (Design) and Phase 4 (EIA/EAR & The Statutory Processes) of the National Roads Authority Project Management Guidelines 2010. The multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy services now required may include some or all of the following; preliminary road and bridge design, traffic studies to include for traffic modelling/assessment, environmental studies (including the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement), Appropriate Assessment including preparation of Natura Impact Statement (NIS), assisting client with procurement of topographical and ground investigation surveys, archaeological investigation, economic assessment, fulfilling the role of PSDP, risk assessments, value engineering and statutory procedures for land acquisition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tender gone out for ground investigation as part of the N6 Galway City Outer Bypass scheme:

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=93079&B=&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

Advertisement