Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Finishes

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea of the current cost of the following finishes to floor supplied and installed or if not for installing only. i know there are a few variables but i rough guide will get me started

Semi solid timber flooring per m2
    Solid flooring per m2
    Carpet per m2
    Tiling per m2

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Can only help on tiling. You can expect to pay from €10 to anything per square meter for tiles. The sky is the limit whan it comes to natural stone/marble etc. Laying of tiles can be anything from €12 to €20 per square yard. Not claiming to be an expert on this, but it has been my experience. (Based in Kerry BTW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Most semi solids will cost at least e18 plus fitting. Thats the lowest for a reasonable floor. fitting will depend on a few things but around 8 to 12 per metre to fit.

laminates can be got for as little as seven euro per metre and laid around the same. the ones around ten to twelve are usually a better grade, check the wear guarantee on them.

solids i wouldnt even entertain unless your going for the really good ones but the cheaper ones start from anywhere around 15 fitting can get really dear dependant on what the floor underneath is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

Carpet can go from E10 - E40 depending on what you go for!! We got 3 cheaper carpets with felt underlay included on backing and one really nice thick decent one for our bedroom and the total for the 4 bedrooms was 1k.
    Previous posters spot on re tiling and flooring.

Advertisement