Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can he get access to see our son after being absent from his life for the last 2 yrs?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi everyone!
    im wondering if someone can give me some advice on what to do about my latest predicament!the father of my son (whos now 10 yrs old) has been in and out of his life for the first 8 years of his life,and not seen at all for the last two years!i received a solicitors letter the other day and now hes looking for access and to claim guardianship!all this is well and good but he has never paid a penny and has put my son n me through an awful lot during the last decade!he has often seen me struggle n has laughed at it,not caring about his son or wat he needed while hes been doing as he pleases.
    i have gone through the last 10 years, struggling to make ends meet n hold down jobs.ive never had anyone really to help me as my own parents spilt up years ago,and one moved to the other side of the world, n the parent that stayed close has always had to hold down 2 and 3 jobs at a time to keep their house. so its been really hard,thankfully my son has grown to be a lovely caring little person,despite being let down so badly by his father.ive been left to explain where his father is and why he doesnt want to see him time n time again,n it always broke my heart to see him cry for him and be so angry with him and now this!i have to go to court on the 27th of this month, im representing:confused: myself but im gettin some legal advice before hand...but i would really like to hear other peoples opinions on this. do i let him have access?can he be trusted to stick around this time? can he be made pay for the last 10 years? god knows we deserve it!!!any help or opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide for good reasons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement