Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw trousers

• 11-07-2011 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Lads, i have a lot of timber to cut and was looking to buy a pair of these. Any ideas on where the best value can be got. South Wicklow area and I will buy off the net.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I have a pair of Husqvarna chainsaw trousers, Gloves, Boots and Helmet.
    The boots are brutal heavy, so I rarely wear them. The trousers are grand in cold weather, otherwise very warm.
    But I would never start the saw without the gloves and the helmet( ear muffs incorporated) on.
    Im afraid I have no idea of the cost, but they were bought off a chainsaw dealer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Bizzum wrote: »
    I have a pair of Husqvarna chainsaw trousers, Gloves, Boots and Helmet.
    The boots are brutal heavy, so I rarely wear them. The trousers are grand in cold weather, otherwise very warm.
    But I would never start the saw without the gloves and the helmet( ear muffs incorporated) on.
    Im afraid I have no idea of the cost, but they were bought off a chainsaw dealer!

Have the same gear myself; you're not the most mobile with the Hsqv boots + trousers alright! Helmet is a mighty job too.

I remember the stuff being pricey but its easily justified if its only called in to action once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't really like the full pants too stiff and immobile, I ended up ordering a set of Labonville chaps from the US.
    They are much cheaper than the branded ones and you can use your own lightweight stuff under them if the day is warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

The Husqvarna chaps are €120(they wrap aroun the frontof your own trousers)
    The full trousers are €200, the helmet (mffs and shield) is approx €50 ad gloves €30. I think i saw the gloves, helmet and trousers for €250 n a pack online. Bu from EU as they have the EC mark. Oh the chainsaw wellies approx €110. All priced off a loal and he would give 20% discount when buying few bits

I dont use my chainsaw often so i always go overkill on safety. 200e for trousers of €100 for A&E and how much to stith yor leg back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Advances in materials and design mean that modern chainsaw trousers are comfortable and reasonabally light.

Prices for front protection trousers would vary from around €90 - €360
    The difference in price is due to the type of materials used, some chainsaw trousers use very high tech outer and wicking materials.

Most are rated at the same level of protection, class 1 i.e. 20m sec, althought some of the top end trousers are class 2, 24m sec, for the same weight as class 1.

Chainsaw products from USA, including clothing, are normally not CE marked, not a issue for personal use but shouldn't be used for any professional use.

Treeclimber in Co.Carlow stock a range of PPE including trousers, gloves etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Full set of gear, helmet, chaps, boots, gloves, from Aldi, few months ago for .€124 approx. Fine for occasional chainsaw warrior.;)

Advertisement