Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow shaping in Dublin

• 11-07-2011 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm looking for a salon in the city to go to, for eyebrow shaping. I dont want a simple wax or pluck. I want a full reshape.
    I'm not stuck to one piticular way of doing it, waxing, plucking or threading, I dont mind. I just want it done right.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

http://www.neelus-salon.com/brow_bar.htm

This women in Arnotts is the best ive been to, and I've got them done in slot of places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

SarahJ wrote: »

This women in Arnotts is the best ive been to, and I've got them done in slot of places

OMG don't go there. There aren't words to describe the awful experience I had with that woman. I wouldn't let my worst enemy go to that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I would also second Neelu.

I'm going again next week. I've read some people have had a bad experience but I think that was more to do with her manner. She isn't the most friendly lady but she is great at shaping brows.

So if you want good brows, i'd go to her, not if if you want fantastic service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

+ 1 on this

• Registered Users Posts: 33 taceistagam

Neelu all the way- have recommended to 3 friends and they all go there now too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Benefit Brow-Bar. However they have a specific shape in mind which may not be the one you're looking for! Outside of that anyone who is good with threading will be able to do a job of totally reshaping them - though finding someone who is actually good at it might take an error and grow-back or two. I'd usually prefer threading to waxing but was really impressed with the girl at Benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

pow wow wrote: »
    Benefit Brow-Bar. However they have a specific shape in mind which may not be the one you're looking for! Outside of that anyone who is good with threading will be able to do a job of totally reshaping them - though finding someone who is actually good at it might take an error and grow-back or two. I'd usually prefer threading to waxing but was really impressed with the girl at Benefit.

+1

had a good experience with Benefit. I'm OCD about my eyebrows and would probably kill someone if they shaped them too thin (I hate thin eyebrows with a passion and prefer thicker and natural). I think it was 28 euro for a tint and wax in Dundrum which was cheaper than my local, small-town, bad salon. They also stick some concealer on you before you leave so you're not walking around with a red forehead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

My eyebrows were in really bad shape so I had to get them done this week.

Arnotts was fully booked out and I was going to try the body shop on grafton street but read some bad reviews (don't know why but i don't trust any of the "new" threading bars popping up, think the person doing it has to have being doing it for a long time to really master.

Anyway I went to Aspens in Camden street and I love my new brows! I did have a bad experience in this place about 5 years ago regarding a wax so I was a bit apprehensive but it was great and it has really made a difference to my face shape.

Cost 17 eur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

frogstar wrote: »
    My eyebrows were in really bad shape so I had to get them done this week.

Arnotts was fully booked out and I was going to try the body shop on grafton street but read some bad reviews (don't know why but i don't trust any of the "new" threading bars popping up, think the person doing it has to have being doing it for a long time to really master.

Anyway I went to Aspens in Camden street and I love my new brows! I did have a bad experience in this place about 5 years ago regarding a wax so I was a bit apprehensive but it was great and it has really made a difference to my face shape.

Cost 17 eur

I was going to get my eyebrows threaded in the grafton street body shop this week. Now I'm not so sure. Would it be better to go to the body shop or to neelu's in arnotts? Are the girls in the body shop properly trained to perform threading?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Oh no.. Dont go to Neelu in arnotts!! She is horrible, no manner and will screw up your eyebrows. I know some of you had good experience with her but she is a horrible woman, a chancer and just want your money!! On top, she is expensive!
    I had very good experience with the girls in Body Shop. However, i have never tried the one on Grafton street but the girls rotate between shops. I went a few times to body shop in Swords shopping center and the girl shaped my eyebrow beautifully.. She said she rotates between there and the shop in Grafton street.
    All the girls in Body shop are trained by Bushra on Mary street. You can also go to that salon. It is near Jervis shopping center. 2 mins from the Church bar/pub. And it is cheaper than neelu. Only 12 quids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Sonnett

Go to the Lash Loung by Shavata in Harvey Nicholls in Dundrum. Not the cheapest but they are superb (and lovely girls).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭mary_hayes

Is it worth going to get them threaded in The Body Shop on Grafton?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Body Shop works in conjunction with Bushras salon regarding eyebrow threading. The girls are trained with Bushra. I never had any problem to have mine done in Body shop (though have never hae them done in Grafton str). The girls are rotating between sites.
    I found them quite helpful and knowledgeable - and i am a very picky person when it comes to beauty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 daraclare

Definitely NOT Neelu, she messed up my brows big time, sorry cos she seems nice but definitely a no from me, they're terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I went to Elysian Brows on Dawson St for the first time last week and they did a great job. Not the cheapest by any means but I thought it was worth it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

Vivid Hair and beauty in dublin 8 just near the food co-op or end of francis st. by the cathedral - ive tried lots of places i am not a fan of waxing - i spent my teen years waxing and i found it never gave me the nice clean finish that threading does - Vivid are threading masters

- Also the Shu Uemura Tokyo brow bar counter in Brown thomas have an interesting method and are very good ( Make up from Japan) she done it on me for free but i can imagine its not cheap

but vivd is where to go if you want good threading and its cheap
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/vivid-hair-and-beauty-dublin

Advertisement