Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand funds

Options
  • 11-07-2011 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Heya,

So I'm off to NZ in august and currently have 1700 saved for NZ. I'm due to get a final pay cheque a week after I arrive which brings my savings up to 3400.

The immigration website states you have to have a minimum of 2500 to get into the country, but I'm wondering how stringently they check that/stick to it. Espc. Since I'll have the full funds the week after I arrive.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Generally speaking they dont ask but thats not to say they wont. Can you get a letter from your employer saying you have money coming to you in a week. Just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Yeah I can get one off my manager!

Thanks for the reply!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

I went to NZ a few years ago and got asked a fair few questions at passport control so better off to be prepared.

Bring a copy of your last bank statement with you too. If you have a credit card it is worth bringing the most recent statement on it so that they can see your credit limit on it.

If your bringing the letter from your employer see if you can bring your final payslip. Not sure if you can get it off him earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

The immigration website states you have to have a minimum of 2500 NZD

It's not clear if you talking about 2500 NZD if this is the case then 1700 euro converts to 2600 NZD

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

I went in Feb and they didnt ask me anything about my finances.
    They just asked me, Did I know anybody? Where was I staying? How long I was staying? Was I looking for work? Did I plan on staying permanently?
    I had a one year working/holiday visa.
    That was just my experience anyway. Enjoy it. Its a beautiful country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

I was the same, never once asked about any finances but i did have some bank statements in my flightbag just in case. Once your story doesnt sound fishy you won't have any issues getting in, passport control at Auckland is very quick and simple compared to some countries i've come into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

It's not clear if you talking about 2500 NZD if this is the case then 1700 euro converts to 2600 NZD

Dunno how that NZD got added into my post there. I was talking in euros sorry, should have put the € sign in.

Thanks for the replies guys, really set my mind at ease... I think I watch too much Immigration Control on TV :D

Advertisement