Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow to Tralee IT - Best way to get there?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi. My daughter will start her college education in Tralee IT this September 2011. As we don't know anyone else from our area who has attended Tralee IT, we are unsure of the best form of travel (route etc). We live within 9 miles of Arklow in Co. Wicklow.
    Has anyone any experience of this journey? Is there a bus that will travel directly to Tralee from any of the surrounding areas? Also if anyone has been making this journey for the past year or two, do you get home every weekend or is it too much hassle?
    I would be most grateful for any advice anyone might have regarding this.

Comments

I travel to Tralee quite regularly, not to the college mind you, but I think this should still apply. I doubt there's a direct way from Arklow, if anything you'd probably have to go to Dublin first.

The Bus Éireann number 12 from Busáras usually terminates in Limerick, where you'd change to the 13 bus for Tralee. Or you could go by rail but the route is very indirect, operating via Mallow. One weekday rail service (each way) requires no change, the 1705 from Heuston goes straight to Tralee, returning at 0720 the following morning. All other weekday services require a change at Mallow. On Sundays there are two direct trains, 0825 and 1905 from Dublin, and the 1345 and 1750 from Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bopeep101

Thanks Karsini. Yea had a look at the bus and train web sites and it does seem that to get from Arklow to Tralee the route has to be Arklow - Dublin - Mallow - Tralee by train or Arklow - Dublin - Limerick - Tralee by bus, needing a total of 3 buses or trains to get there. Don't think she will be making that journey every weekend :(. Had kinda hoped that there would be a more direct route by bus with no changes. Not to worry. We'll have to get used to it I suppose as she was very lucky to get offered her first choice. It just means that the part time weekend job will have to go.

Advertisement