Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things To Do

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys.
    me and herself are heading to galway this wednesday week for a few days

any ideas on places to, things to see?

advice on a nice indian in the city would be appreciated too

thanks a million in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Wednesday, eh?
    There does be chess in Muddy Maher's of a Wednesday evening...

The best bit of Galway is outdoors though. Just walk around up and down Shop st, along the prom etc.
    Kashmir is good for Indian grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you have a car I'd recommend heading out past Salthill for some scenic countryside, there's some nice pub restaurants along the way. You could more or less see everything in the city in a day or two. Really Galway is just a place to sit around chilling all day.

If you don't have a car you could rent a bike and get a great day in the country, weather permitting of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

hi guys.
    me and herself are heading to galway this wednesday week for a few days

any ideas on places to, things to see?

advice on a nice indian in the city would be appreciated too

thanks a million in advance

take a tour bus around galway city - starts near to the tourist office - a tenner for an hour with live commentary - you can hop on & hop off, get off in salthill have a wander around and get the bus back a few hours later .

re indian - best indian i think is Kumars down at the end of the latin quarter . very good food and not too expensive .

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Tulsi Indian just at the side of the Augustinian church.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Tour on the Corrib Princess (a boat), goes up and down the Corrib river, if the weather is fine its lovely and ye can get lunch on board afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

Well the races start on monday 25th of july so if you are still around for them you should go ,they are great craic.

Visit the aquarium in Salthill

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Hit up the Oslo in Salthill for some decent eats and, most importantly, their own brew beers. They have a wide selection of other stuff on tap and bottle as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thanks for all the sound advice so far guys. any good chinese resteraunts in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ficheall wrote: »
    Wednesday, eh?
    There does be chess in Muddy Maher's of a Wednesday evening...

Whilst I realise you're unlikely to have intended to attend this, I feel compelled to inform you of the change to our schedule nonetheless.
    Owing to the unexpected gorgeous weather, we'll be heading to Salthill for giant chess and bbq at 6ish instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement