Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funtasia

Options
  • 12-07-2011 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody have any reviews of Funtasia?

What age group is it aimed at? There is a small group of us planning on going, 2 aged 12/13 and 2 adults. Is it too childish for that age?

Is the water park in a seperate building?

I can find absolutely no information on prices, at all. If anyone has any idea on the cost to go to the waterpark, and into Funtasia itself that would be great.

The only reviews I could find were from a while back and were not good at all. Would love to hear someones more recent opinion.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Hi,

The original Funtasia with bowling, kiddies rides, etc. is in Bettystown.
    The Funtasia waterpark is in Drogheda a few miles away.

Plenty of stuff to do in Funtasia Bettystown but it costs! The Waterpark entry is 11 euro I think, have heard great things about it.

A lot of the stuff in the Funtasia Bettystown would be suited to kids younger than 12 or 13 IMO but there is still some stuff they would like.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Have never been to Bettystown, but was in the waterpark when it being built, and while there only seemed to be a couple of slides, it looked very impressive. By Irish standards anyway. I would have loved a go on them, but sadly, there was no water in them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

remember there are two don't head to bettystown thinking there is a water park there's not
    the water park is in drogheda co louth
    here is a link to the drogheda one
    http://www.funtasia.ie/waterpark/home.aspx?AcceptsCookies=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

been a good few times to the Drogheda one and highly recommend it.
    Only been once in the water park.
    The main bit is just a paddling pool with lots of slides and buckets of water to fill up and drop on people - great fun, then there is a bit to the side which is just a big water slide you go down in rafts. Small area for the very small kids.

The main attraction for us is the kids partys. So much better and cheaper than Jesters.
    For approx 20 a head (minimum 10 kids) you get food party (nuggets/fries that sort of thing, birthday kid sits on a throne.
    Then you choose from stuff a bear, pottery and paint, sand sculpting and other stuff, finally they can have a run around the main play/climb area
    They also get a photo and a hand cast and a birthday present.

Theres also bowling, skating,crazy golf - all for about 8 euro a head I think

All in all, well worth the trip and you can buy a card that gets you extra credits
    Its all shiny and new and will impress kids - enjoy!
    The only thing I didnt like was the endless slot machines and video games

12/13 years olds will like some stuff for sure esp the water part. You dont need to know how to swim

Advertisement