Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im currently with Bord Gais for electricity after switching from ESB 2 years ago.

If I was to PM on my MPRN would you be able to tell me if I would save anything by switching back to ESB Electric Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Good morning whitelightrider

If you were to make the switch to ESB Electric Ireland, the best value package is the SuperSaver - a direct debit is mandatory for this (but payments can be made manually off your bills to reduce or eliminate the amount taken by direct debit - payment options here).
    SuperSaver offers a 12% discount, comprising an overall 8% and a further 4% for the direct debit. If you opt to receive your statements by email, that's a further 2% discount. And Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) takes a further 3% off.

To have this set up, your MPRN would be required, also GPRN if you want to avail of gas, and meter readings for both, as well as bank details for the direct debit to be set up.

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Good morning whitelightrider

If you were to make the switch to ESB Electric Ireland, the best value package is the SuperSaver - a direct debit is mandatory for this (but payments can be made manually off your bills to reduce or eliminate the amount taken by direct debit - payment options here).
    SuperSaver offers a 12% discount, comprising an overall 8% and a further 4% for the direct debit. If you opt to receive your statements by email, that's a further 2% discount. And Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) takes a further 3% off.

To have this set up, your MPRN would be required, also GPRN if you want to avail of gas, and meter readings for both, as well as bank details for the direct debit to be set up.

Regards :)
    Una

Hi Una,

Are those discounts off the Bord Gais current prices?

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

We offer up to 6% of the Bórd Gais unit price - therefore, if you bring both utilities to us, you have a potential saving of 23% between the two. There are the discounts I mentioned, but this 6% would be in addition to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Snusmumriken

When switching to ESB, would one have to stay with it for the next 12 months? Or is there no contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

We offer up to 6% of the Bórd Gais unit price - therefore, if you bring both utilities to us, you have a potential saving of 23% between the two. There are the discounts I mentioned, but this 6% would be in addition to them.

I think I will be switching back!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement