Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a chiropractor or an osteopath or anyone who can help me really

Options
  • 12-07-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a problem with my lower back. This causes me a lot of problem on my leg (a sort of inflamation of the sciatic nerve). This is a problem I experience from time to time, it comes and then it goes, but now it's going on for too long.
    Unfortunately my trusty chiropractor lives back home, I had found a good one here some years ago who solved my problem, but she left Ireland. I saw one in the city centre, but he hasn't helped me at all.
    Could I please ask you if any of you had a similar problem, or anyway have experienced lower back injuries and you found a good therapist? Ideally I'm looking for a chiropractor or an osteopath, this sort of problems usually require manipulation plus specific physical exercise.
    Please let me know only if you've been to this therapist, not just because you've heard of him or her. I'd really appreciate it.
    Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trowel

You will find qualified chiropractors at the association website:
    http://www.chiropractic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting, my friend has been complaining of back trouble and recently started having a sore leg too. Can they be related? Where abouts on your leg is affected, is it just the one leg?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i love my chiropractor.

My back and neck were so mis-shapen that i was putting undue pressure on my left leg, which was causing me pain in my leg.

i sleep so much better now and its so much easier to exercise and drive. i love the woman.

OP, you didnt say whereabouts you are in the country but my lady is in Drumcondra, if this is any good to you pm me and i will give you her details.

I also receive a 15 minute sports massage prior to each session to help loosen everything up

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

You're right, sorry. I'm located in Dublin, any location is fine, as long the therapist is good I don't care. If he or she works at weekends even all the Country will be good for me, seriuously.
    I have asked around my friends, none of them have needed a chiropractor or an osteopath so far (lucky them).

Cormie, through the spine there are several nerves that reach different parts of our body. Depending on the point of your spine affected, it can affect a certain part of your body. Being a compression on a disk of the lower back the cause, this affects my leg, I have problems in extending the leg, pain when I walk, walk up the stairs, drive etc... It could be your friend has something similar, I don't know.

Advertisement