Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding Buttevant today...travelling from Cork to Limeric

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

This morning I travelled from Limerick to Cork and had to take the diversion after Ballyhea. Of course I made a balls of it and instead of coming out at Newtwopothouse, I ended up coming out after Mallow !! Miles of windy road I can tell you.

Anyway, I'm travelling back to Limerick today, and was wondering what is the safest route to take. I'm crap with directions so any help would be great. Someone in work mentioned I should turn right at NewTwoPotHouse for Dromahane and follow the road. Another person said I should just head for Dublin and turn off at Michelstown. I'm coming from Mahon point side of Cork.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you want easy, you could take the M8 to cahir, then head back in from tipperary. Only 20 minutes over normal drive time.

Have a look at http://maps.google.com/, you can plan your route using that. Drag the blue bar to change your route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks. Will check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

After church town junction turn left to doneraile and follow the road onto twopothouse

how did you end up coming out after mallow? hopefully you didn't get as far as rathduff or one of them places

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I never use Buttervant, its always hastle, I go from the Cork tunnel up the motorway, go around the Michelstown bypass, take the 513 through Hospital which comes out on the Waterford road to Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Needler wrote: »
    After church town junction turn left to doneraile and follow the road onto twopothouse

how did you end up coming out after mallow? hopefully you didn't get as far as rathduff or one of them places

I suspect the OP came out around Burnfort after going through Killavullen. Maybe I am wrong there. I like the back roads but I hate that Mallow-Cork road. The amount of bad driving on it is unreal especially on that 2+1 bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement