Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bowman's Sunday Morning

• 12-07-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

I love lying in bed on a Sunday Morning listening to John Bowmans amazing programme. It is obviously put together as a labour of love with great attention to detail. I looked at the RTE website and all these progammes for the last 6years are there. They are only marked by dates with no further information to say what was dealt with on that day. To be honest putting them on the net is a waste of time without this information.I can't understand why this is allowed if you look at Pat Kenny or John Murray you can look back and see what their programmes were about . It is incredible this programme which is put together by a Historian does not have this facility. It is even more incredible the Historian seems not to realise he is throwing away these excellent programmes. There ae 6 years of archives , how can I find the programme on say Sean Lemass if there was one.I can't

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well said OP.

Bowman's programme is always interesting even if the subject matter is not something the listener would normally go out of their way to hear.

So it is annoying when searching the web for a particular programme that one would need to know the date it was aired to find it. Something I discovered myself when trying to find the programme marking the 75th anniversary of Aer Lingus, which was only broadcast last month.

It could be said that this lack of information on weekly content is somewhat ironic for a programme that is built on archive material.

Advertisement