Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Geography questions.

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I got offered and have accepted a place on the Geography masters programme and was just wondering if anybody could answer a few questions.

Firstly I took the geopolitics and global economics stream as I really enjoyed the undergrad modules. What's the work load generally like ?

I was also interested in teaching tutorials for first year students. Is this an option wih the Geopolitics stream and what's the pay/hours like ?

And lastly how many students are usually on the course every year ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Firstly, it's hard to tell exactly how this applies as these new streams are being introduced this year.

Seeing as it's new, I would say it is difficult to say what the individual streams are like but the workload is pretty intense, and is really intense if you want to do really well.

Teaching first years is usually left to the PhD students but the MAs have previously had opportunities to teach the 2nd years as lab demonstrators.

Entry to the course this year was very competitive. I believe there are 30-35 (approx.) between the three streams.

PM me if you want to know anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SoaringPanda

Cheers for the info.

Advertisement