Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dEUS in the Olympia October 12th

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

Excellent news, great live band. I can't wait to hear the new material.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

great stuff, its been years since I saw them live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

hmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I can't believe this! I listened to them years ago and only seriously got into them in the last 2 years. Absolutely fanbloodytastic news! Woohoo!
    Love In a Bar Under the Sea.

Anybody know if tix will sell out quick?
    Is there a password that the fanclub knows about for presale?
    I'm looking to get standing tickets - should I just chance it on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I imagine it will be handy enough to get tickets. They didn't sell out quick for their last Tripod show a few years back.

Thanks Homer!

• Advertisement

Yay! Got my tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Just got an e-mail from ticket master informing me of a change of venue.
    DEUS
    Change of venue
    12-OCT-11

Doors 8pm
    No support

Original Venue: The Olympia Theatre
    Rescheduled Venue: The Academy

Due to unforeseen circumstances the performance of Deus on 12-Oct-11, has changed venue from, The Olympia Theatre to The Academy.

Tickets for the original venue will remain valid for the rescheduled venue.

Please note The Academy venue is a general admission unreserved standing venue.

For Customers unable to attend a rescheduled venue, refunds are available. Customers who purchased their tickets from an outlet can obtain a refund by returning their tickets to the point of purchase.
    If you have purchased your tickets via phone or Internet and would like a refund, you must return your tickets via a secure method of post to:
    Ticketmaster Head Office, Grafton House, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

If you have any further queries please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service on 0818 903 001 from Ireland,
    or 0844 277 9964.if calling from Northern Ireland/UK Monday to Saturday 9.30 to 6pm.
    Please have your order number and credit card details ready when calling.

On behalf of the artist and the promoter, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Enjoy The Gig!

Best Regards
    Customer Services Team

Please do not reply to this mail. You will not get a response.

This is a once off Ticketmaster Customer Service email, you are not part of a mailing list. Ticketmaster Online strives to provide complete and accurate information in our mailings, and accepts no responsibility for misinformation and/or changes after publication.

Looking forward to it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Guess ticket sales were really slow for it.

penexpers wrote: »
    Guess ticket sales were really slow for it.

Yes, they were terrible, row d in the circle was still available last week and cant omagine that anyone bought tickets for the upper circle. hope the academy will have a good crowd in to see them. Can't see them playing here again after this debacle, so lets enjoy a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

I'm surprised. I thought there would be much more interest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Tickets were 30 quid though, weren't they?

Bit steep for a band that don't have that big a following any more.

It's also not really dEUS anymore. It's much more Tom Barman's vanity/mortgage paying job now.

I miss Stef :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

Was around 400 at gig in the end, played for hour and half or so. Most of new Album,
    instant street, for the roses, slow, architect, sister jew, bad timing. Good, not long enough, another hour would have been too much too ask I suppose... Sound was excellent though & Mr Barman was in a good mood. Shame such a good band can only get such a small crowd, but great to see them up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I enjoyed the gig. There was no Suds and Soda:( Pity it moved from Olympia butit would have looked lame with a small crowd. Pity more people don't know them/are into them.

The set was good except for the End of Romance. Not a fan of that song one bit.

This is what they played as far as I know/remember:

3 new songs that I didn't know
    Slow

The Architect
    Little Arithmetics
    Instant Street
    Ghost
    Bad Timing

Encore1
    Sister Dew
    For the Roses

Encore2
    Serpentine

OMG I love this band! So many highlights for me. For the Roses, new song Ghost, Seroentine, Little Arithmetics and my fave Instant Street.
    Do you think they won't come back again?
    It's an absolute disgrace that they don't have a bigger following. In a way I'm glad, there like rocks best kept secret, but if it means we don't get to see them play, well that's just crap.

Tom thanked people for coming and the band looked delighted at the turnout. It's great to see from a band that have been a good few times around the block. And he also recalled the last time they played Dublin.

I too wished another hour wouldn't have gone amiss. They played nothing from Worst Case Scenario.

Why oh why did this great band never make it???
    Serpentine

PS another highlight for me was Bad Timing that for some reason I overlooked before. How amazing does this sound live???

This is what they played as far as I know/remember:

3 new songs that I didn't know
    Slow

The Architect
    Little Arithmetics
    Instant Street
    Ghost
    Bad Timing

Encore1
    Sister Dew
    For the Roses

Encore2
    Serpentine

Tom thanked people for coming and the band looked delighted at the turnout. It's great to see from a band that have been a good few times around the block. And he also recalled the last time they played Dublin.

I too wished another hour wouldn't have gone amiss. They played nothing from Worst Case Scenario.

Why oh why did this great band never make it???
    Serpentine
    The songs you missed were
    Second nature
    The final blast
    constant now

Its a pity that they are not more popular here, but in Europe they are fairly popular. I enjoyed the gig as well

indiewindy wrote: »
    The songs you missed were
    Second nature
    The final blast
    constant now

Its a pity that they are not more popular here, but in Europe they are fairly popular. I enjoyed the gig as well

Thanks. I might have missed more new songs in the middle. Tried to get a setlist but the roadies took them away :confused: Money must be tight in the dEUS camp and they're recycling them for other gigs!

I just ordered their new album and looking forward to listening to it. HMV said it wasn't their best album but neither was it just one for the fans. I loved Ghost from it.

Advertisement