Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Videogame Tattoos

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Anybody have any or know anywhere that has such designs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

One of my friends.
    He has the Nintendo logo on his back (I know :D) Megaman on his arm and a Mario star on his elbow.

He's a bit extravagant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kunsajan

I live in Surrey, just south of London, and I really want to buy a SNES from somewhere nearby, in Surrey or in London because I

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What are you looking to get? If you have some characters or games in mind then go talk to an artist and they should be able to come up with something. Might be an idea to bring in some pictures of the images you want to get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    One of my friends.
    He has the Nintendo logo on his back (I know :D) Megaman on his arm and a Mario star on his elbow.

He's a bit extravagant :D

Ha sweeet :D just saw DeadMau5' tattoo on his arm of 3 and a half 8bit hearts like in Zelda so it kinda inspired me :D

thinking of a few of those mushrooms from mario in some kind of design :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

His brother is thinking of getting like a totem of Nintendo characters, think it would look good if he chooses wisely.

So basically stuff like Donkey Kong holding up other characters :D

thinking of a few of those mushrooms from mario in some kind of design :)

Best bet would be to go into a studio and explain your ideas to the artist. They'll know what will work and what won't! :D

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    His brother is thinking of getting like a totem of Nintendo characters, think it would look good if he chooses wisely.

So basically stuff like Donkey Kong holding up other characters :D
    sounds class :D

Best bet would be to go into a studio and explain your ideas to the artist. They'll know what will work and what won't! :D
    thankss :D

thankss :D

Be sure to post pics when it's done! :D I plan on getting pac-man and some ghosts one of these days

• Advertisement

Be sure to post pics when it's done! :D I plan on getting pac-man and some ghosts one of these days

awwhh you must! sounds amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Not quite retro but i got a tattoo that jin kazama from tekken has on his arm.

heres a pic of the design
    JinKazamaTatoo.jpg?t=1241885325

Not quite retro but i got a tattoo that jin kazama from tekken has on his arm.

heres a pic of the design
    JinKazamaTatoo.jpg?t=1241885325
    nicee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I have the resident evil umbrella symbol surrounded by a bio hazard symbol on the back of my calf, i love it. best of luck with yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I have the resident evil umbrella symbol surrounded by a bio hazard symbol on the back of my calf, i love it. best of luck with yours!

A lad I worked with got the foxhound tattoo on his leg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm trying to put together what I want in a retro game piece, will probably be Nintendo based...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm trying to put together what I want in a retro game piece, will probably be Nintendo based...
    bunch of kids playing party games :P

Actually I have seen alot of nintendo pieces i like but I'm planning a FF piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

Original Poster: check out Dan Gold's work. He's amazing & does all this graffiti / deconstructive / '80's graphics work.

Amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Original Poster: check out Dan Gold's work. He's amazing & does all this graffiti / deconstructive / '80's graphics work.

Amazing!!!
    Yer man off london ink?? meh have seen better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

bunch of kids playing party games :P

Actually I have seen alot of nintendo pieces i like but I'm planning a FF piece

a mate has the meteorite from ff7 on his back full coloured it looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

I have an idea in my head, for a Final Fantasy VII backpiece for some time now.. Kinda revolves around the meteorite at the top/end of my neck.. Cloud on one side of my back with Sephiroth on the other. In between would contain all my fav characters from the game...:)

In my head, the idea rocks. Just not sure I'd ever have the balls to go through with it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Dercola wrote: »
    I have an idea in my head, for a Final Fantasy VII backpiece for some time now.. Kinda revolves around the meteorite at the top/end of my neck.. Cloud on one side of my back with Sephiroth on the other. In between would contain all my fav characters from the game...:)

In my head, the idea rocks. Just not sure I'd ever have the balls to go through with it :o

thats so random thats exactly what he has planned lol cloud on one side sphiroth on the otherside, and the meteorite in the middle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a Charizard on my calf, not exactly retro but still old enough :P

263410_1948875920765_1208591326_31768427_4199122_n.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

385814_124798184299203_100003070668690_129425_1500136161_n.jpg

I got that done last week

Nice!

I booked in to get sonic done next friday :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nice!

I booked in to get sonic done next friday :D

I want a small Sonic related tattoo behind the other ear but there isnt really anything to get bar a stupid gold ring

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love the Lambda from Halflife somewhere, its only a little thing but I reckon it's be cool, maybe get a Portal logo to make a set someday!

Advertisement