Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting in dublin (not an ad)

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I have been searching around for a place to rent lately, Im quite happy with my current abode but I thought maybe I could get more for my money now that rents are supposed to be falling. Nope, same old overpriced, underfurnished shoeboxs. I would say that the vast majority of stuff that I have seen on daft would be rightly described as disgraceful.

Some things havent changed, I guess. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Did you try negotiating rents? I've found every landlord willing to drop the price when asked when we were looking about 3 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

RedXIV wrote: »
    Did you try negotiating rents? I've found every landlord willing to drop the price when asked when we were looking about 3 months ago

Yeah, I will probably ask my current landlord. But I am astonished at how bad most places are still. I mean, IKEA is just down the road, you could kit a place out for a very reasonable price but instead its some fellas dead gran's furniture with a run-down kitchen and a bedroom with no place for your clothes and they are asking for a grand.

Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

i agree
    when i was searching for a place the things i were shown were unreal!
    i cant believe people live like that
    one place was literallt someone elses basement, i cant describe the smell
    the onlt bed was a pull down one of the wall outside the 'bathroom'
    and this guy wasnt a bit ashamed at asking 800 a month!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublinsd

Hi guys..been renting flats in Dublin for 10 years. The standard in general is typically Irish..a bloody joke! There are a few nice ones on daft, just hang in there..changes daily.
    Landlords now though will drop prices but not a hole lot..maybe 50 a month.

Advertisement