Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Guinness Day 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is playing Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

any idea oif calvin harris is a dj set or is he actually performing?? and how soon will the tickets sell out??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭bren2001

any idea oif calvin harris is a dj set or is he actually performing?? and how soon will the tickets sell out??

It will be a DJ set, he said a while back he would never perform live again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Has anyone managed to get tickets? Tried a few venues but seem to be sold out, I had a presale code yesterday and it was the same story. Is it sold out already??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Managed to get x2 for Dakota. Anywhere else were sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Is it on a Thursday each year to keep the publicans happy or for any other reason (there probably is some bullsh1t official reason)?. With certain numbers of people always going out on a Friday and Saturday would it just be seen as a "waste" of a potential earner to have it on a weekend night?. Realistically i can't go out boozing on a Thursday and a few mates are the same, so don't end up going near Arthur's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I got a ticket in the presale and figure that if I don't like any of the acts at the venue I have tickets for, I could look around Toutless or Twitter for anyone who wants to trade.
    Is it on a Thursday each year to keep the publicans happy or for any other reason (there probably is some bullsh1t official reason)?

It's probably because it's cheaper to rent out the venues on a Thursday night rather than Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anyone got any idea if and where Roy 7 are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,197 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Has anyone managed to get Sterophonics tickets, I was trying to get some yesterday and ticketmaster says there's none available. Same story today...anyone know what's going on...I had the voucher for the early tickets.

Just tried calling ticketmaster and the say there's none available. ??

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who is playing Cork?

Seasick Steve, Wretch 32 and Bressie at the Savoy. The rest are to be announced.

• Advertisement

Has anyone managed to get Sterophonics tickets, I was trying to get some yesterday and ticketmaster says there's none available. Same story today...anyone know what's going on...I had the voucher for the early tickets.

Just tried calling ticketmaster and the say there's none available. ??

Supply < demand perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,197 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

JJ wrote: »
    Supply < demand perhaps.

They were all hardly sold out yesterday before they even went on sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

There was probably a limited number of presale tickets aswell, I got tickets for Dakota in the end (thanks to Standard Toasters post!!). Never know, given it's name Stereophonics might show up for a few songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Limited number of tickets went on pre-sale. I had two codes and was on two computers put one code in at 9.00 and the other in 30 seconds later and the tickets were gone for the second code. Still managed to get tickets on the first code so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ergo

any rumours on who will be playing Whelan's...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ergo wrote: »
    any rumours on who will be playing Whelan's...?

i heard Amy Winehouse could be upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maverick Sabre and Aloe Blacc also in the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Just got mine cheers JJ, cant wait to hear Seasick steve.
    JJ wrote: »
    Seasick Steve, Wretch 32 and Bressie at the Savoy. The rest are to be announced.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Is Joshua Radin playing at one of the big venues or is it a surprise? Would love to see him!

• Advertisement

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Is Joshua Radin playing at one of the big venues or is it a surprise? Would love to see him!

Prob both .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

anyone know who else is playing at st.james gate along with stereophnics and yasmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone know who's playing in Dakota?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    The Clock I Think :)

***Arthur's Day LINE UP & TICKET UPDATE*** We are delighted to announce that Paolo Nutini, The Feeling, Kelis, The Charlatans, The Divine Comedy, Fight Like Apes, Bell X1, Carl Barat & more have now been added to the Arthur's Day line up!
    Not only that, a limited number of extra tickets will go on sale at 11am tomorrow via www.Ticketmaster.ie. For more details, go to: http://www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/listing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farinha

Anyone knows where Bell X1 will be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

NickB1337 wrote: »
    anyone know who else is playing at st.james gate along with stereophnics and yasmin?

Paolo Nutini and the winner of the Arthur's Day Play On The Day competition. It will be one of: Foxjaw Bounty Hunters, Leaders of Men, Mojo Gogo and Zombie Computer.

Farinha wrote: »
    Anyone knows where Bell X1 will be playing?

Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Cazale wrote: »
    Vicar Street.

Where did you get this info? So is the full line up for James Gate Sterophonics, Paulo Nutini, Yasmin and the winner of Our Thursdays?

I think there were more bands than that last year

• Advertisement

bobbyg wrote: »
    Where did you get this info? So is the full line up for James Gate Sterophonics, Paulo Nutini, Yasmin and the winner of Our Thursdays?

I think there were more bands than that last year

Its all on the Guinness website. I have tickets for James Gate so I'm hoping for another band or two myself as its a bit underwhelming at the moment!

Advertisement