Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting for Cheaper Deals

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I'm currently testing out a Three SIM that I ported from O2. I now realise that I may lose the 'cheaper' pricing on some phones when porting from another network.

Is there anything to stop me from porting a random O2 number from a spare sim-card I have and then, after getting the cheaper deal, porting my original O2 number, which is now a Three number to the new phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seems a bit messy, would you not just port your o2 number to 3, 3 don't make any difference if your porting a number or not it has no bearing on the offer. If your signing up for a bill phone moving your number could make a difference on the credit decision especially if your moving from o2 bill to 3 bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you use your 3 sim in an O2 phone?

Advertisement