Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs and Societies Branding

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

Figured I should post this here,

The clubs and socieites of U.L. are trying to brand themselves under a common logo and at the moment, the choice is between chieftain and wolf.

You can vote here

For more information check their facebook page

Here is a picture of the two logos

276501_249748838372307_5472348_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Did my duty, like the chieftains logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I went for Wolves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

bken1991 wrote: »
    i suppose the voting is just a bit of fun seeing as we can vote many times so long as we enter an 8 digit random number each time :)

No it's ID numbers :rolleyes: and the ID numbers of registered C&S members have double weighted voted

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bken1991

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    No it's ID numbers :rolleyes: and the ID numbers of registered C&S members have double weighted voted

but I know earlier I entered some random numbers like 11111111 and it accepted the vote which I wasnt expecting, but I'm wrong about voting twice as now I cant vote with my own student ID as it says 'You have already voted today!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Considering I'm no longer a student and I got a vote, I'd say that something is wrong with the system alright....nothing uncommon with UL though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

it allows alumni and current students to vote. Although their is nothing stopping someone guessing an ID number but you can't vote more than once a day anyway. Plus it's not like you can win money or anything so their isn't really a point in trying to scam it.

They could recheck ID's at the end of the voting or check what ID's came from what IPs.

reunion wrote: »
    They could recheck ID's at the end of the voting or check what ID's came from what IPs.

that shouldnt be possible as its anonymous according to the voting page, even if you see ID = 11112222 how will you know what they voted for??
    [your vote will be anonymous]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

bken1991 wrote: »
    that shouldnt be possible as its anonymous according to the voting page, even if you see ID = 11112222 how will you know what they voted for??

I imagine they have access to the ID numbers that voted. How else would they know to double weight clubs and societies member's votes?

reunion wrote: »
    I imagine they have access to the ID numbers that voted. How else would they know to double weight clubs and societies member's votes?

yes but if they see my ID, and I'm a member of the Skydive club, how do they know whether to give the double weight to 'Chieftain' or 'Wolf'?

if that information is recorded and they have access to it, then its NOT ANONYMOUS.

also if a fake ID is used, 99999999, how do they know whether to remove 1 vote for 'Chieftain' or 1 vote for 'Wolf' unless the person who setup the website was lying about it being ANONYMOUS and kept a record of what ID 99999999 voted for?

I know I'm arguing about something which really isn't important but I dont think that it should say its anonymous if its not...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Nordic Cheiftains Vs. Dragon Wolves!!!!

Dragon Wolf kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement