Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teeth Whitening???

• 12-07-2011 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on teeth whitening products on the market today?? I know Crest is very popular in the US but as they are not available in Ireland whats the Irish alternative? Has any one tried the iwhite product http://www.iwhite.ie/ !! any opinions or help would be appreciated ! Nothing too expensive please and thanks ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I dont know if they work but judging by the yellowish teeth of the model they chose I wouldnt be all that confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I use crest strips and swear by them, I think you can get them on eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

Would love to order some crest strips but after reading this I am seriously worried about the lasting damage they could do to my teeth ...
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2011/0405/1224293861203.html

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

Would love to order some crest strips but after reading this I am seriously worried about the lasting damage they could do to my teeth ...
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2011/0405/1224293861203.html

i used crest strips too and they were brilliant.although i have heard so many stories about them destroying the enamel on your teeth that i just don't use them any more....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Look whos talking

caroline72 wrote: »
    i used crest strips too and they were brilliant.although i have heard so many stories about them destroying the enamel on your teeth that i just don't use them any more....:(

I know, the results seem to be amazing:D:D but it is definitely not worth permanently damaging my teeth, thats why i was wondering has anyone tried the iwhite as I see it has been CE Certified for the Irish market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 DiscoverIreland

todaysdeals.ie
    Does anyone know if this teeth whitening kit is any good.Its called California Smile Home Teeth Whitening Kit and cost €24.50 reduced from €139.99. Its on offer on todaysdeals.ie and i want to know if its worth purchasing as a DIY kit.
    :D
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on teeth whitening products on the market today?? I know Crest is very popular in the US but as they are not available in Ireland whats the Irish alternative? Has any one tried the iwhite product http://www.iwhite.ie/ !! any opinions or help would be appreciated ! Nothing too expensive please and thanks ! :D

iWhite is on special offer on pigsback at the moment.

Can go worng at €15.99.

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=7744,7744,VOVMD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Polar white pen its about €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Polar white pen its about €25

Had a look at this and it doesnt carry the CE mark.

Not putting anything near my teeth / gums that doesnt carry it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Crest Strips so help, I've used them before. I've just been given IWhite to review which is based in Ireland, I'm going to try them out for a week and can report back then!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

Have to second Crest White Strips. Cheap and cheerful

My sister got hers professionally done and I think they're too noticeably white.
    Whereas I think it's less obvious that mine have been whitened

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Get Crest strips on Ebay.. they are the best available imho..

I had laser whitening done a few years ago and wasn't 100% happy so I got the strips as a touch up and they got my teeth to the grade of white that I was after...

They're brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stowney27

hey! i've used both crest strips and iWhite,

Imho the best thing to get is the crest vivid white toothpaste from ebay! its about 9euro but works magic on your teeth after a week or so,

crest strips are also pretty good for really brightening up your smile.

I strongly advise you keep away from iwhite or at least proceed with extreme caution. I used it for my 21st a few weeks ago. Day1 was fine on day 2 my mouth was extremely sore, so much so that i couldn't use the iwhite on my bottom teeth only the top. Day 3 I couldn't close my mouth properly and my lips were swollen and sore. this was 4 days before my 21st and my mouth still hadn't recovered by the party.

In saying that they did really whiten my teeth after only 2 uses just be very careful.

Also if you know someone in the US get them to get you a whitening kit in CVS. best one i've ever used

good luck :)

Advertisement