Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfairly banned from Dublin forum

Options
  • 12-07-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I was unfairly banned from the Dublin forum. My responses and queries regarding thread were genuine, not trolling.

it would appear mod Des and his mates are in cahoots against me.

I do hope everyone else who made a negative contribution to the thread is also banned.

I therefore request that this ban is lifted ASAP

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I am looking at this now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I have been asked to investigate this complaint as an independent party, as one CMod is unavailable for period of time, and the other has declared a potential for a conflict of interest due to a friendship with the moderator in question.

Even though the ban will be have expired by the time the investigation is complete, is it still fitting that an investigation be conducted nonetheless to determine if the ban was justified.

Fuinseog - as you can see from the chart above, the first step the the Dispute Resolution Process is for you to send a PM to the moderator who banned you discuss the nature of the ban. Can you please send me a copy of the PM you sent to Des, along with any reply you may have received?

I await your response before I can proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Shield wrote: »
    I have been asked to investigate this complaint as an independent party, as one CMod is unavailable for period of time, and the other has declared a potential for a conflict of interest due to a friendship with the moderator in question.

Even though the ban will be have expired by the time the investigation is complete, is it still fitting that an investigation be conducted nonetheless to determine if the ban was justified.

Fuinseog - as you can see from the chart above, the first step the the Dispute Resolution Process is for you to send a PM to the moderator who banned you discuss the nature of the ban. Can you please send me a copy of the PM you sent to Des, along with any reply you may have received?

I await your response before I can proceed.

thank you for your response.

I did not pm the mod as I believed he would not be willing to discuss the matter in an impartial manner and sometimes I feel some mods let the power go to their heads.

correct procedure is indeed to pm the mod to discuss the matter, but i have found that some mods are unwilling to discuss the matter.
    I was banned for 'trolling' which i believed was unfair and I suspected the mod was not neutral in the affair I would not get a fair hearing. I still insist I was not trolling.

I do post a lot in the Dublin forum, mostly looking for information, sometimes giving constructive tips.

as you said yourself the ban has been lifted, but the principle remains.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just to update you on this Fuinseog:

I have now been asked not to get involved in this matter as I am not a CMod. This is most unexpected since it was a CMod who asked me to get involved in the first place. However, it is only fair that you should know this matter is now NOT being dealt with by me.

I assume that this matter will now be assigned to someone of CMod status for investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Shield wrote: »
    Just to update you on this Fuinseog:

I have now been asked not to get involved in this matter as I am not a CMod. This is most unexpected since it was a CMod who asked me to get involved in the first place. However, it is only fair that you should know this matter is now NOT being dealt with by me.

I assume that this matter will now be assigned to someone of CMod status for investigation.

thanks for the response, but the whole thing is too silly to merit much consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Closing this as "unresolved but not worth pursuit".

Fuinseog, if you do want this investigated at please start a new DRP thread. To speed up things you can request a jump straight to admin investigation (i.e. bypass mod and Cmod stages) and link to this thread if anyone questions why you ask for that. You should also give a link to any threads and posts that are relevant to the issue, to make it easier for us to investigate.

Regards,
    Trojan/admins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement