Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

King Ledley had an operation yesterday and will miss the next 3 weeks or so.... heart breaking seeing such a good player crippled with injury.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    King Ledley had an operation yesterday and will miss the next 3 weeks or so.... heart breaking seeing such a good player crippled with injury.
    53% - In the last five seasons, Tottenham's win % with Ledley King starting is far superior than without him (34%). Regal.

Thats just Bloody ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

it was a very minor op and will only be resting for 10 days and will be back full training then so it wont stop him being fit for the start of the new season at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

He obviously damaged it in pre season already. You dont have a player report for pre season for one week and then get a knee op.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As much as i like King, and rate him highly as a defender, we need to stop hoping that he'll be fit and get a regular partner for Dawson. Whether that's Gallas or someone new, it needs to be someone other then King.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

He's too fond of a jar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

PMcG MarkII

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7510149

Interesting stats in this article on our win percentage when Ledley King plays and when he doesn`t play.
    For me, he is an incredible player. Even though he can`t train properly, I believe he is the best central defender in England when he plays. It`s just so sad that he has had so many injury problems that have restricted his playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

If he can continue to play every weekend, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's my favourite player.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He's my favourite player.

the man is a rolls royce of defenders, always question how we can carry a player who doesnt train, can only play once a week and then you see how he plays and more so leads the rest and you have your answer. Wonder what he could have been if he was so plagued with injuries (probably playing for utd :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have said a good few times that I honestly believe that if not for his knees King would be held in higher regard then Terry/Ferdinand. It goes against all logic that he can be so good on matchday without training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

phew..after reading the op i taught he was out for the next 3 weeks until i saw the date on it..thank god for that:pac: everytime he's in the team id be confident of winning any game the mans a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

best defender to ever play for Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

best defender to ever play for Spurs

think Dave Mackay would have something to say about that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

BERBA wrote: »
    think Dave Mackay would have something to say about that;)

More of a midfield general although in the double season he was mostly at the back along side Maurice Norman. Those were the days when we had Danny Boy and John White in the middle.

As far as I know he made his name and gained his legendary status from his performances in the middle of the park (from 63ish-68ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

Mullo76 wrote: »
    the man is a rolls royce of defenders, always question how we can carry a player who doesnt train, can only play once a week and then you see how he plays and more so leads the rest and you have your answer. Wonder what he could have been if he was so plagued with injuries (probably playing for utd :rolleyes:)

I would say that you are probably right in saying that if he hadn`t the injury problems he would probably be playing with someone like Utd. If he was fit and injury free there would be very few centre backs better than him in the world. Alex Ferguson is a big admirer and was known to have tracked him some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ledley "THE" king.

very rarely mistimes a tackle and when he plays the defence is so organised. his presence demands others to play out of their skin. so composed for a big man with the ball on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxmyjLp9tg

Big spurs fan and this guy is a hero.

immence today

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yet again he was a level above. We'll only truly know how important he is to us when he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Not sure if posted before but this T-Shirt is pretty cool!
    http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/product_view.aspx?pid=3033

Advertisement