Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Naul?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Having just gotten out of my Vodafone contract because they cant provide my service in my new house in Naul, Im wondering . . can Eircom supply me with Broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Kersh wrote: »
    Hi,
    Having just gotten out of my Vodafone contract because they cant provide my service in my new house in Naul, Im wondering . . can Eircom supply me with Broadband?

Hi Naul
    do you currently have a landline? Could you PM this to me?
    If not can you PM me your exact address and should be able to advise you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

I assume that the reason that you can't get fixed line from Vodafone is because they are dependant on Eircom for lines. Expect the standard fob off I.e.

"I spoke tothe broadband roll-out team and I am afraid there is no indication exchange be broaband enabled I'm afraid.

if or when the exchange is due to be enabled for broadband we will let you know."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Naul was supposed to be upgraded years ago, it was announced on the April 2007 list and still has not been upgraded.....it was supposed to be done by May or June 2009.

http://www.mulley.net/2007/04/04/eircom-announce-another-300-additional-exchanges-to-be-enabled-no-timeframe/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Naul was supposed to be upgraded years ago, it was announced on the April 2007 list and still has not been upgraded.....it was supposed to be done by May or June 2009.

http://www.mulley.net/2007/04/04/eircom-announce-another-300-additional-exchanges-to-be-enabled-no-timeframe/
    I need to clarify that the general area of The Naul is covered by Ballyboughal so once you're not more than 4 or so miles by road to Ballyboughal, there should be broadband available. The problem lies specifically with some of the village itself, particularly any new developments or houses around (though memory fails me as to what's been built in the village over the last couple of years)

It might be worthwhile ordering a phone line and when the engineer shows up, ask him if that line is likely to carry broadband or not. Don't let him in to finish the install if the line's connected to the Naul village exchange!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Moving to the Naul soon. Any improvement in Broadband? Anyone from Eircom??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

clunked wrote: »
    Moving to the Naul soon. Any improvement in Broadband? Anyone from Eircom??

Thanks for your post clunked.

Indicating that the Naul exchange was upgraded last month - 18th November. The exchange is now enabled to 24Mb on NGB.

Once you get your phoneline installed /activated, then this can be tested by an engineer to see what your broadband /phoneline prequalifies for.

Need more information on products /broadband bundles - LINK

Hope this helps.
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Indicating that the Naul exchange was upgraded last month - 18th November. The exchange is now enabled to 24Mb on NGB.

Ant

Surprised at that. I assumed that Naul Village was one of the abandoned Exxhanges that Eircom had no intention of enabling fir broadband.

Great, took four and a half years to deliver broadband in Dublin all the same.

What other exchanges were recently enabled for NGB, ie since 01 November ....anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Is there really broadband in Naul?
    I know people that live there and the broadband roll out was supposed to abandoned?

Well it was abandoned for two years or so but Naul people should be happy ......finally. Hug Tony and Mark and all. :p

I'm still interested in what other exchanges were recently enabled for NGB, ie since 01 November and whether these were 8mbit NGB or 24mbit NGB enablements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Once you get your phoneline installed /activated, then this can be tested by an engineer to see what your broadband /phoneline prequalifies for.

Need more information on products /broadband bundles - LINK

Hope this helps.
    Ant
    Dont suppose you upgraded Killeen, Oldtown on your way out to the Naul?
    KdwC0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Dont suppose you upgraded Killeen, Oldtown on your way out to the Naul?
    KdwC0.jpg

Hi Rick Deckard

I am afraid there is no indication as to when the Oldtwon exchange will be broadband enabled I'm afarid.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement