Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage .... new house advice welcomed

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering does anyone know the answer to this. I am trying to organise a mortgage and have not picked a particular bank yet but anyway getting the relevant docs together. So here is the question would it be sufficient to print off statements from BOL or any other online bank or would they need the originals that I would have to pay for ? Any other advice for us, we have just bought a house would be very welcome also :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

Hi There,
    In relation to bank statements what they require is that you send at least 1 page of an original statement. The rest can be printouts.
    That will be enough to get provisional approval so you'll know how much you have to work with.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bailes

Hi,

It really depends on the institution you are going to deal with, most of them want 6 months orginal bank statements and you are better off having all of this.

In relation to other advice be careful with the other fees i.e.
    legals (this varies considerably so get a few quotes)
    Insurances (don't go with the bank's insurance as you can get it cheaper)

Advertisement