Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iban and bic code?

Options
  • 12-07-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

How do I find out my IBAN and BIC codes? Sorry if its a stupid question , I tried google ect but didn't get it! Are they codes unique to my bank account or to my bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

spooky2009 wrote: »
    How do I find out my IBAN and BIC codes? Sorry if its a stupid question , I tried google ect but didn't get it! Are they codes unique to my bank account or to my bank?

The IBAN (International Bank Account Number) is unique to your account, you might have several if you have more than one account.

The BIC (aka Swift) code is unique to your bank.

You should find both the BIC and IBAN on your bank statement, if not your local branch should be able to tell you them.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

spooky2009 wrote: »

IBAN will start with IE have few numebrs after it then contain your sorting code and account number

BIC is unique to the bank your with call into them and get them to write both iban and bic out for you

Advertisement